This recipe will teach you to prepare two delicious fillings for flour tortillas. On the one hand, we have prepared a simple and rich filling of chicken, accompanied by vegetables and a sauce typical Catalan called romesco, made following the instructions of our recipe of romesco sauce. On the other hand, we propose a filling of pork mince and red beans, flavored with spices, spicy, a perfect counterpoint to the chicken filling.
If you want to develop your own tortillas to assemble this recipe, I invite you to read our recipe for wheat tortillas for fajitas and burritos.
Ingredients [8 units]:
For the chicken filling:
- Asparagus – 12 units
- Carrot – 2
- Chicken – 1 breast
- Romesco sauce – 4 tablespoons
For the filling of pork:
- Onion – 1
- Carrot – 2
- Cooked red beans – 150 grams
- Minced pork – 200 grams
- Tomato sauce – 150 grams
- Water – 140 grams
- White wine – 70 grams
- Ground cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper – a pinch
- White pepper – a pinch
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Curry – 1/2 teaspoon
Preparation of the recipe
- Chicken filling:Begin by cutting into thick strips the chicken breast. Once cut, the fry in a frying pan with olive oil until they start to take color. Out of the frying pan and reserve.
- In the same pan, pochamos carrots, peeled and cut into thick strips. Once they start to soften, remove from heat and reserve.
- In the same pan, pochamos asparagus, to which previously we have taken the hard part of the stem. Remove from heat and reserve.
- If we have decided to prepare our own romesco sauce, we will take enough time to have it ready to assemble our burritos. For their elaboration, we will follow the instructions of the recipe for romesco sauce that appears linked in the introduction.
- Stuffed pork:first, chop the onion finely and peel and cut into small cubes carrots.
- Pochamos both ingredients in a pan with olive oil.
- Once you have poached the carrots and the onion, add to the pan the ground pork and saute until it starts to take color.
- Once we have list the meat, add to the pan the rest of the ingredients. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, until the filling has lost nearly all of the liquid. We test and rectify the salt if necessary.
- Once we have the two fillings ready, we set up our burritos, to do this, we put a good amount of one of the fillings along one of the ends, and roll up in the direction of the other end.
- In the case of the burritos of chicken, we’ll give away over the filling, before it is rolled up, a couple of tablespoons of romesco sauce.
Notes and tips
This is a recipe that can be adapted according to the tastes of each one. Wheat tortillas are very versatile, accepting willingly any ingredient with which it wants to fill.