Today I propose a recipe to prepare the traditional fried chicken wings without using a drop of oil. Yes, you read correctly; no oil! In fact, many dishes that we cook daily can be prepared without the use fat any, examples of this are our recipes of mutton chops grilled without oil and suckling pig in the oven without oil. Many foods (such as meat or seafood) release a portion of their juices during cooking, which makes unnecessary the use of fat. This has several advantages, on the one hand we are saving the intake of fats that are additional to those that already give us food, and on the other, the not having to use oil represents an economic saving.
The recipe of chicken wings in the oven that I propose below is so simple that anyone could do it. Not worth the excuse of lack of time, because here 90% of the work carried out by the oven. We just have to put the wings into a bowl, sprinkle a bit of salt and oregano, and monitor the process of baking to make sure that the meat does not burn. It is this easy!
The fish can also be cooked without adding fat, we can make them in a nonstick frying pan or in the oven, by applying the technique of cooking to salt, it is very effective when put into practice with fish such as sea bream or sea bass. This type of kitchen (without oil) can be of great help in dieting and weight control. In any case, if you like to cook with a little fat, we recommend that you use a vegetable oil of great quality, notably with the olive oil, rich in unsaturated fatty acids whose consumption brings multiple benefits.
Are you ready to prepare some tasty chicken wings without a drop of oil? Let’s go there!
Ingredients for 2 people
- Chicken wings – 1 kilogram
- Salt – to taste
- Oregano – 1 tablespoon
How to make the recipe of chicken Wings in the oven without oil
- In the first place, we cleaned the wings of the remnants of feathers that you might have. We can do it by hand, or using a blow torch kitchen. We put it in the oven to heat up to 220ºC.
- Cover with parchment paper a baking pan, this way the meat does not we will hit and it will cost us less effort to carry out the cleaning of the fountain after baking.
- Then we put the chicken wings in the source. It is not necessary to add oil, since the chicken will cook in its own juices. Before putting in the oven, sprinkle the wings with a bit of salt and oregano. We give them the back, and sprinkle it also on the other side.
- Put the pan to the oven. Bake at 220ºC, between 45-60 minutes or until the wings are very brown. The cooking time will depend on each oven, so that it is preferable to pay attention to the meat from the half hour of baking. To get roasted even more, we can rotate the wings at the half-baked.
- Once they are ready, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Some good tips
In some recipes of chicken, which you can find on the internet, it gives the indication of wash chicken under the tap before cooking it. From The Naked Kitchen I want to warn you that this practice is very dangerous, because it can give rise to food poisoning caused by the Campylobacter, you can expand your information on this topic with our article: “What foods should be washed before cooking”? And find more chicken recipes here
If you liked this recipe of chicken Wings in the oven without oil. Suggestion of presentation: although this recipe gets some wings with great flavor, I encourage you to accompany with a delicious home made bbq sauce.