Today we bring you a recipe that include, as main ingredients, the rice and the chicken. The name of the soup he is given because it is prepared with a proportion of water which gives rise, after the cooking of the dish, a broth. At the opposite end to this elaboration are the rice dry, as is the case of the paella tradicional, in which the broth is exhausted to evaporate a part, and to be someone absorbed by the grain.
The rice soup is a traditional dish of the area of the Spanish levant, with special presence in the cuisine of the huertas of murcia and valencia. In other regions of Spain is in fashion also other versions of risotto, among which are the stews made with fish and seafood, which for decades have been prepared in coastal areas.
The preparation of this dish is very simple and grateful, because with a few ingredients you get an amazing flavor. For today’s recipe we have chosen chicken. In addition, to improve significantly the dish, we used a chicken broth made in-house. I encourage you to do so, because without doubt you get a background great for any meat dish, very top of the broth, which you can get at any establishment.
On the basis of this recipe, you can prepare other delicious rice dishes, simply by substituting the chicken broth for a broth of fish, and the meat a bit of fish and seafood, you will achieve other rich casseroles. It be of good comfort, and experience!
Ingredients for 2-3 persons:
- Chicken thighs – 5 units
- Leeks – 2 units
- Carrot – 1 unit
- Peas – 100 grams
- Rice – 200 grams
- Olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Chicken broth – 1 litre
- Tomato sauce – 4 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – to taste
- Pulp pepper choricero – 1 tablespoon
- Curry – 1/2 teaspoon
Preparation of the Recipe
- In the first place, we cleaned up the remains of feathers the chicken thighs, so we can make use of a blow torch for kitchen. Apply it lightly over the parts of the thigh presenting feathers. If there is little quantity, we can remove them by hand, helping a tweezers.
- We heat olive oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken thighs and cook on all sides until they are lightly browned. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into small pieces.
- We remove the roots of the leek and, if necessary, the outer most layer that is usually present traces of soil and dirt. Chop the leek finely.
- Add both ingredients to the same pan where we cooked the meat. If necessary, we slightly greased. Cook, over medium heat, until the leek is softened.
- Pour the chicken broth in a pot and we heat, so we will be able to incorporate the hot to the pan.
- Then, toss in the skillet the tomato sauce and the pulp of the pepper choricero. Mix.
- Then, add the ground black pepper, salt, and curry. Mix.
- We put the chicken thighs into the skillet.
- Add a little broth. Cook for 5 minutes, over medium heat, so that the flavors integrate and the chicken soak up them.
- After 5 minutes, we incorporate to the stew with the rice and mix to distribute evenly.
- Finally, pour the hot broth. Cook, over medium heat, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Remove from pan, let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
Notes and Tips
Note that the amount of broth used in this recipe is very superior to that which is often used to cook white rice, keep in mind that what we get is a moist rice, so that, although it may seem exaggerated, the amount of broth should be much higher than indicated by the manufacturer on the package of rice. This recipe can be made with any type of rice, although personally I like a lot as is with a rice round grain.