On this occasion we have prepared a sponge cake classic but different, what will we do with Spelt Flour, a type of flour much more healthy than the refined, with a nutritional value impressive. In this way, you’ll be able to make homemade cakes much more healthy. Spelt is a cereal that exceeds nutritionally to wheat, being, besides, more digestive.
For those who don’t know the spelt, you leave a brief description: it Is a variety of wheat that began to be cultivated by man for about 7,000 years. It is considered as the cereal from which originated all the varieties of wheat that we know today. Despite having been on the verge of disappearing, its great nutritional qualities have made its cultivation is recovered.
In the kitchen, the spelt can be used for the preparation of a large number of products; breads, cookies, cakes, pasta, beer, etc
In our page we put at your disposal a large number of dessert recipes in which spelt is the protagonist, if you make use of our search engine you can find, among others, recipes as interesting as our homemade bread of spelt, lavender, and sourdough. If, in addition, you want to expand your information about this cereal, do not miss our article: “The spelt – Properties and benefits of their consumption”
Do you want to know how to prepare an irresistible banana cake with spelt wholemeal flour?
Ingredients For 8 persons
- Spelt wholemeal flour – 250 grams
- Eggs – 3 units
- Sugar – 160 grams
- Sunflower oil – 100 grams
- Yeast chemistry – 16 grams
- Bananas – 2 units
- Nuggets of chocolate – 75 grams
- Nuts – 70 grams
- Cinnamon – 1 small scoop
Development of the Banana cake with spelt flour
- First, mix in a small bowl the flour with the baking powder and the cinnamon powder. Reserve.
- Cascamos the eggs and pour their contents into a bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat with the rods accessory of the electric mixer or with a whisk. We need to beat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then, add the sunflower oil while continuing to whisk to incorporate the mixture.
- Then, peel the bananas, and crush with the help of a fork. The incorporate into the bowl and beat.
- Now, we begin to add, little by little, the mixture of flour, yeast and cinnamon, while continuing to whisk.
- Put the nuts in the mortar and crush slightly. We like to leave large chunks to find them in the cake, your choice is to process them more or less.
- Finally, we put in the bowl the chocolate chips and the chopped nuts and beat one last time so that both ingredients are distributed evenly through the dough.
- Brush the pan with a little sunflower oil and dust with flour. We give a few small knocks to the mold so that the excess flour to detach it and remove it.
- Pour the dough into the mold.
- Put the pan in the oven. Bake, at 180 ° c, for 50 minutes or until the inside of the cake is cooked. To check the doneness, press a toothpick, and we make sure that, when removing it, any remnants of dough. If the submit, we prolong the cooking for few more minutes.
- Once the cake is ready, leave to cool on a wire rack before you turn out.
- When it has cooled, you can unmold and serve.
Some good tips
It is important that you give attention to the surface of the cake towards the middle of the baking, if you observe that they are picking up a lot of color I recommend you cover it with a piece of aluminum foil to prevent scorching.
The baking time is approximate and will depend, mainly, on the model of furnace that you have as well as the type of mold that you use. It is ideal that you go checking the doneness of the dough toward the end of the estimated time and alarguéis baking if necessary.
For this recipe we used a mold of 22 inches of diameter, if you use one of larger size it is possible that the bake time to be slightly reduced. I do not advise that the mold is of a size smaller than the size that we have employed.