The brioche is a sweet French origin, also called the bread of milk and is very rich for breakfast, dessert or snacks accompanied, for example, of jam. Normally carries in its composition a considerable amount of butter and for this reason there are people who renounce to the pleasure of eating it for health reasons. I’m going to propose a way of making brioche more healthy because it replaces the butter for cottage cheese. To give you an idea, if 100 g of butter have about 700 calories, 100 g of cottage cheese does not reach the 200. And I assure you that the taste and the texture is very good.
I have made some brioches, individual molds or custard but, if you prefer, you can do so in large molds, of plumcake for example, and so you will keep soft for longer.
I advise you to use a dough mixer to develop the dough, even if it is a small hand held as I have done, because to hand is quite difficult, at least to me it seems.
Ingredients for 10 or 12 ramekins of custard
- 400 g of flour of any use.
- 200 g of cottage cheese.
- 7 g of salt.
- 70 g of sugar.
- 20 ml of milk.
- 20 g of baker’s yeast fresh.
- 4 eggs, plus one to paint the surface of the brioches.
- Poppy seeds (optional).
Preparation of the recipe
- Entibiaremos a little milk and diluiremos in it the yeast.
- In the container in which we will knead we will place all of the ingredients and we will work with a mixer at low speed for at least 15 minutes. We will obtain a homogeneous mass, and elastic.
- Taparemos the bowl with plastic kitchen and leave it sit for about 6 hours in the fridge.
- After the resting period, put a little oil on the work table and the roller, overturn the dough on the table and will extend it to form a rectangle 1 cm thick.
- If you want to stick to the dough poppy seeds as I have done, you must do so at this time.
- Espolvorearemos the seeds across the surface.
- Helping each other in a scraper pastry enrollaremos the dough to form a cylinder, trocearemos in 8 or 10 servings and we will introduce in the ramekins that have been greased previously with butter. The dough should fill the pan more or less up the middle, no more because you are going to shed as they grow.
- Let the dough rest for about two hours in a warm place and free from drafts (I put the molds in the oven turned off that previously I have tempered to approximately 50 ° C).
- When the dough has doubled in size, we will paint the brioches with beaten egg, we’ll get poppy seeds and we’ll bake at 200 ° C with the resistance up and down for 10 minutes. Then we will go down the oven to 180º C and we’ll bake 15 or 20 minutes more.
- For you not to burn the brioches, when they reach the color that we like them, we will put up aluminum foil.
- Remove the brioches from the oven and allow to cool outside of the mold, on a wire rack.
- Once cool store wrapped in aluminum foil.From the next day have much more flavor.