The key to a good pastry is always a good basis. That’s why, if you are a lover of desserts, you can not miss this recipe. With it, you will learn to make a sponge basic cake. This cake may be served alone or used as the basis for a good pie.
Remember that, by making our own candy, we’ll know better what it is we are eating. In addition, by making our own cake so we can adapt to our tastes and characteristics. The best thing is that, with this recipe we are learning, at the same time, many. And is that with a few small details and changes, we can get as many biscuits and cakes as we are of the imagination.
Ingredients for cake base 1 unit
- Eggs – 5 units
- Flour – 250 grams
- Sugar – 250 grams
- Milk – 50 ml
- Olive oil – 50 milliliters
- Yeast – medium
- Vanilla essence or sugar vainillado
- Grated zest of a lemon
How to make the cake recipe basic
- We started by putting the oven to preheat at 170. Put baking paper in the base of the mould and oils the sides with butter. Reserve.
- We open the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites. Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat. When you start to have texture foam, add half of the sugar and continue beating until you get to the point of snow. Reserve
- Now we take the rest of the sugar and incorporate to the egg yolks. Beat until you obtain a mixture with a whitish and lightly foamy. Add the milk, oil, vanilla and lemon zest and continue whisking.
- Mix the yeast and the flour. It was incorporated into the mixture, sifting. Do it little by little and keep stirring. When the mixture is homogeneous, the time has come to incorporate the egg whites to the point of snow. We will do so gradually, mixing with a stirring motion.
- Pour the dough into the mold. Bake for 45 minutes. Click on the cake to check that it is done, if the needle does not come out clean, bake a few minutes more. When it is done, we leave to temper for 15 minutes and desmoldamos.
Notes to keep in mind
Sprinkle powdered sugar when you pull out the cake from the oven so that it is more sweet and nice. If you liked this Basic Cake recipe find more on dessert recipes.