To make these alfajores I have visited several blogs, video blogs and web pages and I’ve been picking up ideas from each other. On the basis of the recipe proposed in Chefs Argentine, I have made some modifications. I have replaced part of the flour for almond because I’ve read that in the famous alfajores Havanna appears in the composition, and I added the zest of mandarin orange for flavoring. I have also changed a bit the coverage to be more thin layer of chocolate. More on Dessert Recipes
I have not tried the alfajores Marplatenses, but these that I have made are very rich. They are smaller than they do there, which is usually around 5 cm in diameter, I have used a shear of 4 cm
In the photo I’ve included some alfajores with coconut because that was more colorful, simply take the filling of dulce de leche and a bit of the same on the edge. Then slide the edge by grated coconut to make it stick.
Ingredients for 25 alfajores of 4 cm of diameter
- 150 g of plain flour.
- 50 g of almond powder.
- 50 g fine Corn flour.
- 5 g of pure cocoa powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder.
- 100 g of softened butter to room temperature.
- 75 g of white sugar.
- 25 g of honey.
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Zest of mandarin.
- 1 small egg.
- Dulce de leche filled alfajores: About 350 or 400 g.
- 300 g of black chocolate for desserts good quality.
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
Development of the Alfajores of Chocolate
- Tapas cookie:
- In a bowl put the butter with the sugar and beat until you obtain a cream.
- Add the honey, egg, and flavorings (vanilla and zest). Beat it well.
- Tamizaremos the wheat flour with the fine corn flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder. Add the almond.
- We’ll put little by little the solid ingredients on the prepared liquid and mix it all well until they integrate fully.
- This dough gets very soft, we’re going to put in a film of cooking and will go to the fridge at least 2 hours to take consistency.
- After two hours, enharinaremos the table, we will place it on the dough, put a little more flour on top and on the roller.
- Precalentaremos the oven to 180ºC while you cut the biscuits.
- We will roll out the dough to around 5 mm thick.
- We will adhere to the cookies with a shear and distribute over a tray with baking paper.
- Coceremos the cookies about 10 minutes, at 180 ° c, with heat above and below.
- Remove cookies with the help of a scraper, and with great care because they break easily, and let cool on a wire rack. Take consistency when it cools.
- Chocolate frosting:
- We will melt the chopped chocolate in a bain Marie.
- Once melted add the oil and will mix well.
- We will keep the ready in the bathroom while we cover the alfajores for that is not cool.
- Have a cookie and a spoonful of sweet milk, leaving about 5 mm of thickness.
- We will place another cookie on top and press until the dulce de leche stays on the edge.
- Untaremos by the two sides of the cookies in the chocolate coating.
- Leave to cool macaroons on baking paper or on a tray made of silicone, do Not put it to cool on a wire rack because it will break when cool.