Today we are going to show you how to make delicious chocolates at home. Yes!, you read correctly; ¡chocolates! And it is these small candies are so easy to prepare that you only need a little bit of chocolate, some ingredient to get refills and some molds for shaping. When choosing chocolate, I recommend that you do not spare, and I decantéis by a chocolate of quality. In the same way, the rest of the ingredients you choose should be at the height of the quality of the chocolate.
Can you imagine the face that would put a friend, or your partner, if you regaláis a box full of delicious chocolates homemade? With this recipe I make it easy to do this as possible, because, in addition to the detailed step-by-step recipe written, I share a video where you can see the whole process of development.
Are you prepared to make a few rich chocolates home?
Ingredients 30 units:
- Dark Chocolate – 250 grams
- White Chocolate – 100 grams
- Cherries – candied 8 units
- Sweet milk – 80 grams
Preparation of the chocolates homemade recipe
- Prepare the bain-Marie to melt the chocolate.
- Chop the white chocolate and put it in the bowl that we have in the bath. Heat it gently to melting little by little. Stir with a spatula to facilitate the process.
- Once the chocolate is melted, put it inside of a disposable piping bag.
- Then, we cut a small piece of the tip of the sleeve and we began to put chocolate in the molds of silicone. We have used two types of mold, one with flower-shaped and other shaped shell. In the first we put chocolate only at the edges of the petals. In the case of the monde of the shells, cover with white chocolate and 2/5 parts of their capacity. When we put the chocolate, we hit the mold against the table so that it fits and we don’t air bubbles.
- Then, put the molds in the fridge for the chocolate to solidify. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, we cut in pieces the candied cherries.
- Chop the chocolate and put it to melt to the bathroom María. Stir regularly with a spatula.
- After 30 minutes, remove the mold shell from the fridge. We place inside several pieces of cherry.
- When the chocolate is melted, put it in the inside of a pastry bag. We cut the tip, and began to fill the mould with the form of shells. When we have finished, we hit the mould against the work surface so the chocolate settles and no air bubbles. Then, with the help of a scraper, remove the excess chocolate. We took back the mold to the fridge and let the chocolate solidify for several hours.
- We continue with the development of the chocolates with the shape of a rose. Filled in the holes with the dark chocolate. When we finish, we hit the mould against the work table so that the chocolate fits. At this time, we turn around the pan, on a plate elongated or a tray, and shake vigorously so that the chocolate falls off, in this way, the walls of each of the holes are covered by chocolate, forming a frame that will house the filling of dulce de leche. When you have dropped the chocolate, remove with the scraper the excess of chocolate and we mold to the fridge. Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, we will proceed to put the dulce de leche in a pastry bag.
- Past the time of cooling, remove the mold, cut the end of the pastry bag, and we put a bit of dulce de leche on the inside of each hole. The sweet should not reach up to the top, since it still remains for us to put another layer of chocolate to close the hottie.
- Once we have distributed the sweet milk, we hit the mould against the work table so that the sweet snaps.
- Then, we fill in the gaps with chocolate. Once more, we hit the mould to allow the chocolate to set. With the help of the scraper, remove the excess chocolate and put the mold in the refrigerator where you leave it to cool for several hours.
- After several hours, you can unmold the chocolates.
Tips & Tricks
In this recipe we show you how to make two types of chocolates, but you can make endless variations, combining different proportions of chocolate and using all kinds of ingredients as a filling or topping (jams, syrups, dried fruits, candied fruit, heavy cream, liqueurs, praline hazelnuts or almonds, etc.).
We must keep in mind that we are working with melted chocolate, so that should be relatively quick to fill the mold so the chocolate does not start to solidify. If we see that it starts to do it, we can bend the tip of the pastry bag and re-put the chocolate in a bain Marie.
To make these chocolates is important that you do it with silicone moulds suitable to the occasion, do not serve molds rigid intended for another type of processing.
If for whatever reason we’re going to leave the molds in the fridge for several days, it is important to store them inside an airtight container, or wrap them with plastic kitchen to prevent the chocolate from absorbing odors from other foods.
Once the desmoldéis, it is best to store them in an airtight container and keep in the fridge. Find more on Dessert Recipes