There are numerous studies that speak to us of the dangers of sugar consumption for health, it is necessary to reduce as much as possible their employment in the kitchen and replacing it with healthier alternatives such as is the case of stevia, a plant from which is obtained an extract with a sweetening power far superior to that of refined sugar and without the contraindications that it presents. If you want to know more about the properties of this product, I invite you to carry out the reading of our article: Stevia sweeten so healthy by replacing sugar.
In the recipe that I propose today, we have developed a rich lemon sponge cake without the use of sugar, in its place we have employed extract powder of stevia. Those who have never tried this product it may require a time of adaptation to its peculiar taste.
The development that I propose today is simple and very quick to make, just mix a few ingredients and the oven does the rest. In less than 1 hour you will have ready a fresh and very healthy that will enjoy also those who must limit the intake of sugar in your diet.
Ingredients for sponge cake lemon sugar-free for 4 people
- Eggs – 3 eggs
- Stevia powder – 18 grams
- Lemon yogurt – 110 grams
- Flour for biscuits with yeast – 220 grams
- Sunflower oil – 100 grams
- Orange blossom water – 15 grams
- Butter – for greasing pan
How to make the lemon sponge Cake recipe “Sugar-free”
- In the first place, cascamos the eggs and pour their contents into a bowl.
- Add the stevia and beat with the rods accessory of the electric mixer. Then, add the yogurt and continue whisking to incorporate the mixture.
- Pour the orange blossom water and the oil and beat once more so that both ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Then, we used a strainer to sift the flour directly over the bowl. Acting of new the blender to make the flour is incorporated into the mixture.
- Oils a pan with a little butter and sprinkle with flour. We tap the mold against the work surface so that the excess flour to detach and to be able to remove it with ease. Pour the dough into the mold.
- We mold in the oven preheated to 180 ° C and bake for 45 minutes or until the cake is cooked. To check this, press a toothpick in the dough, and we make sure that, when removing it, do not present remains of it.
- When the cake is ready, leave to cool on a wire rack before you turn out.
Some good tips for this cake
For this recipe we have used a kind of flour especially for cakes which incorporates all the necessary components for the cake mild, if you don’t have it you must use a flour pastry to which you add baking powder (baking powders).
For this recipe we’ve used stevia powder. In the market you can find also in a liquid state. It is common that in the packaging I report of its sweetening power, it will be of great help to adapt the recipe using the amount that is necessary in function of the amount of sugar that we want to replace.