The Madeira Sponge Cake, also known in the world of Sugar Craft as MSC, is a cake of off-road uses to make the most of cakes that carry fondant. Unlike the classic sponge cake of yogurt, the MSC is characterized by a dense structure that holds perfectly the weight of the different toppings and decorations that are prepared with fondant.
Another of the features that you are own is the height it reaches during baking, which makes it an ideal base for elaborate cakes look very nice.
Although by his appearance, a priori it might seem that the crumb resulting is a bit dry and compact, you should keep in mind that it must be bathed with a syrup during the preparation of the cake, resulting in a texture with a moisture delicious.
The development of the MSC is as simple as in the case of most biscuits that you can find in our recipe book, so you just mix a few ingredients and poured them into a mold for baking. The whole process does not take you more than an hour. Once you are ready, you must let it sit for 24 hours before you use it as a base for your pies.
To prepare this madeira sponge cake are calculated the main ingredients based on the weight of the eggs. Sugar and margarine are added in the same proportion that the eggs, and the amount of flour equivalent to the weight of the eggs plus half of that weight, that is to say, the weight of the flour is 150% of the weight of the eggs.
Ingredients for 8 persons:
- Eggs – 150 grams
- Sugar – 150 grams
- Margarine – 150 grams
- Wheat flour for pastry – 225 grams
- Yeast chemistry – 8 grams
- Salt – a pinch
- Liquid vanilla – 2 tablespoons
Preparation step to step for the madeira sponge cake recipe
- We began the recipe by mixing in a bowl the salt, the flour and the baking powder.
- In another bowl put the margarine and sugar and beat both ingredients with the help of the attachment rods of the electric mixer. If you prefer, you can make use of a whisk to mix.
- When the mixture has a creamy texture, add the eggs one by one while continue beating to incorporate.
- Once we have incorporated the eggs, pour the liquid vanilla and continue beating.
- Then, tamizamos, directly in the bowl, mix salt, flour and yeast chemical, to do this, we use a fine mesh strainer.
- Beat with the rods to which the flour is absorbed by the liquid ingredients, so that there are no apparent lumps.
- Oils a baking sheet with a little butter and sprinkle with a thin layer of flour. We hit the mold so that the excess flour off the walls and we can remove it easily. If you prefer, you can grease the pan with a little vegetable oil.
- Then, pour the dough into the mold and extend it to deal in a uniform way.
- We carry the mold to the oven. Bake at 180º C for 40 minutes.
- Finish the cooking time, press the cake with a toothpick to check the status of the mass. If removing the stick we observed remains of mass we need to extend the cooking a few minutes more.
- Once cooked, leave to cool on a rack before you unmold.
Easy and simple tips
With the amounts expressed in the list of ingredients is obtained an ideal mixture for a mold of 20 centimeters. If you want to get a cake with a lot of height, you only have to double the amount of each ingredient. In that case, you should wrap the inner mold with parchment paper to create the necessary space for the cake to grow in height.
The baking time will depend on the amount of ingredients to use. In any case, it is best to check the doneness by pricking with a needle or a toothpick toward the end of the estimated time of baking. Find more like this on the dessert recipes.