For this recipe we are going to use Yogurt, to remember that with this ingredient we also made a delicious cake recipe yogurt that sure you will love to repeat. Some of the best dessert recipes are the product of a mistake or an oversight. With this I do not mean to say that my cake is the best in the world, but that was the result of a oblivion, the of buy the flour when I was on that day in the super.
So when I started to do it that afternoon, only had a third of that needed, and instead of leaving it all to the middle and run out to the store to complete the recipe, I decided to make changes.
The result was so good, that I wrote down the amounts’t want to forget it and since then I have repeated on numerous occasions. Every time I do it the verdict is unanimous and the word that best defines it: exquisite.
I’m sure that if you decide to do this, it will become a a classic in your kitchen.
Ingredients For 8 persons
(We will take as a measure the cup of yogurt that is of 125 grams)
- 1 Yogurt white
- 1 Glass of yogurt, whole-wheat flour
- 2 Cups of yogurt with oat flakes
- 1/2 Cup of Sunflower oil or Olive oil mild flavour
- 90 grams of Sugar from Birch ( in case of using white sugar, it’s the same amount)
- 3 Apples, grated without the skin.
- Zest the skin of 2 oranges.
- 3 Eggs, size L
- 1/2 sachet ( 8 grams) of yeast cake (baking-powder)
Steps of the oatmeal cake
- In a large bowl beat the eggs together with the sugar of birch, up to that blanqueen. Take your time, it will take about five minutes.
- Add the yogurt and mix slowly.
- The turn comes of the oil, add it in the form of thread, while continuing to whisk while doing so.
- Mix the flour with the yeast and the tamizamos two times before you add it. What we will do, spoonful by spoonful, and with round movements from bottom to top.
- Add the rolled oats and mix equally, little by little.
- Finally grate the apples and the skins of oranges, we append to the set.
- Preheat the oven to 170 Degrees Celsius.
- Lined a pan with parchment paper and characterize all of the prepared.
- We are right between 30-40 minutes. You must check with a skewer to skewer to see if it comes out clean, because every oven is different.
- Cool on a rack, and ready to enjoy.
Some good tips
The mold that I used was 26 inches, if you want it higher, use one of 32 inches.
If after thirty minutes you see that the surface is golden, but the stick comes out smeared, covered with silver paper so that it is not browning too much and to stay dry the surface.
Once cooked the cake is not out of the oven. Leave it within fifteen minutes, with the oven off and the door ajar. So not down the dough while it cools.
Once it has cooled, we can decorate with icing sugar, thread, chocolate, cherries . . .
I recommend you take it to the next day, he wins a lot in flavor.
Freezes perfectly, you can wrap it in cling film and take it out half an hour before taking it, it will be as newly made.