Today we bring you the recipe of a delicious rice pudding, a dessert that many of you bring memories of childhood, of that time of the custard, custards and yoghurts and homemade. This dessert is made the traditional way in many countries. Although it may have slight variations from one place to another, among its ingredients can not miss the milk, rice and sugar. They are also often present in other products such as the vanilla, the lemon rind and cinnamon, and less common are; raisins, port wine or egg yolks. Be that as it may, this is a dish that you can’t lose.
The development of the rice with milk is a relatively simple one, basically consisting of cooking for a handful of rice in sweetened milk. There are those who throw the rice and the sugar directly to the milk and cook it all at once. However, if you want to get a rice extraordinary, I advise you to follow the step-by-step of this recipe, because with it you get a dish very creamy and full of flavor.
It is important to start the recipe by washing thoroughly the rice, because it avoids us to become matted. We must also bear in mind that it is preferable to add the sugar once the rice is tender, because if we add it from the beginning, the rice can be a little hard. The quantities of this recipe are designed to get a rice very creamy, where the milk is also of great importance.
If you like the rice to have a greater presence in the dish, even though it means losing a little bit of creaminess, you can add a little more (as much as 100 grams in total). For the preparation of our rice pudding we used white rice, but, if you prefer, you can use brown rice, if you do so, you must monitor the cooking to ensure the rice is not dry.
In this sense you must have in mind that, since the integral takes longer to cook than white, it is possible that you may have to add a little more milk which makes the recipe.
As to the milk, this recipe can be made perfectly with a milk of vegetable origin, resulting in a dish suitable for vegetarians, vegans and people with lactose intolerance. I especially recommend using almond milk or soy, both are obtained magnificent results.
Ingredients for Rice pudding home for 6 people
- Rice – 250 grams
- Whole milk – 2 liters
- Sugar – 120 grams
- Bouquets of Cinnamon – 2 branches
- Ceste (skin without the white part) – orange and lemon
How to make Rice recipe with Milk homemade
- Wash the rice with plenty of water on a colander, to release the starch and to clean it. Otherwise espesaría too the development.
- Add the two litres of milk to the pot, bring to heat over medium heat.
- Remove the skins of the orange and the lemon. Remove carefully the white part of the skins as amargará our plate. What remains to us is called ceste. Add the ceste the skin and also the cinnamon sticks.
- When it starts to boil the milk to remove the ceste and the cinnamon. Add the sugar and the rice, stir and let cook a few. Stir constantly to prevent the rice down and thus achieve a better texture. Try to maintain a constant temperature medium-low so that the rice is done very slowly. Do with a lot of care and patience to get the best result.
Depending on the way you like the point of rice, add more or less milk as it is evaporating and test to get the desired point. Although the rice that is usually recommended is round grain, we can use almost any type; integral, elongated, etc
Remember that in the case we decide to use a brown rice, should be taken into account that it needs to cook longer than white rice. Once the rice has cooled, cover containers with a piece of film from kitchen and store in the fridge. Personally, I like to leave rice to rest in the fridge for at least 12 hours before consumption, in this way, the flavors settle and strengthen. If you liked this Rice recipe with Milk homemade find the Milk rice with KCook Kenwood on Dessert Recipes.