Sedans, Berlin-Pumps.. many names for the same delight. One of the recipes of pastries, more like. And is that once in a while does no harm, and if we prepare it at home, without preservatives or additives, so much the better. This recipe is wonderful, and also very easy, I assure you a resounding success in our house, we are going to love the whole family, especially for the younger kids of the house. Saved on Dessert Recipes
Ingredients For 15 sedans stuffed
- 500 g of strong flour W>320 (flour 000, or self-rising flour)
- 2 envelopes of dry yeast powder, baker’s (9,20 g approximately)
- 75 g white sugar
- 1 large egg beaten
- The zest of half an orange (only the orange part, the white does not)
- ¼ L of whole milk (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon small salt
- 45 g of butter without salt at room temperature ( must be soft)
- Oil-rich sunflower oil to fry
- White sugar to sprinkle at the end
For the filling of
- 130 ml of whole milk
- 85 g white sugar
- 20 g of cornstarch
- 1 cinnamon stick or a vanilla pod
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 20 g of butter if salt at room temperature (must be soft)
Steps to Sedans filled with cream
How to prepare the dough for the sedans fillers
- To begin with, and that we may be more comfortable and fast, it’s convenient to have prepared and weighed all the ingredients that we will use for the recipe. In the kitchen countertop or work table and put all the flour in a little pile.
- With the fingers of the hand make a hollow in the center and add the dry yeast powder. In a bowl beat slightly the egg together with the sugar, and the zest of orange, and we also in the hollow of the flour.
- Below we will be adding all of the milk, but little by little, mixing with a fork just in the centre, at the same time that we incorporated a little of the flour from the sides.
- Add the teaspoon of salt, and now mix it all very well with your hands. Until all the ingredients are combined. We opened a little bit the dough with the fingers, and add in the center the butter , which should be very soft, if we see that it is very hard, get a few seconds in the microwave.
- Knead well with the hands, until the butter is fully incorporated. Continue kneading until our dough does not stick on the hands (it costs a little, patience). We can sprinkle a little flour on the worktop to make it easier to work the dough, but if you spend just a little.
- When we get a homogeneous mass, without lumps, and that it does not stick, make a ball and place in a container large enough with a little flour dusted so that the dough does not stick to the container. Cover with cling film kitchen, or with a clean cloth. Let the dough sit for about 1 hour or 1 and ½ depending on the climate, you must grow to twice its volume.
- Let’s see if that has already grown, desinflamos the ball with the cuffs of the hand and with the help of a rolling pin, begin to stretch it, gently, and with patience, if we see that it sticks a little, sprinkle a little flour on the roller. Roll out the dough with a thickness of 2 cm, careful NOT to leave it more thin, why would a few sedans very small.
- With a pasta cutter, a metallic ring or a glass, cut discs of dough about 8 cm in diameter, if you want to sedans to smaller, then you can use something with a smaller diameter. With these measures come about 15-16 sedans. Place each disc of dough on a tray, on a parchment paper or baking paper. With the cuts of dough, put them together, roll out again and make more albums. The cover again with a kitchen cloth that is soft and that above all that and not weigh. We expect about 40 minutes more or less, to grow back.
- In a flat dish place the sugar that we’re going to batter the sedans once fried. We heat a large pan with plenty of sunflower oil. When the oil is at 160 º C we are placing the disc of dough in the oil, two at a time, what we will do is trim the paper around and place them as well in the oil, not to touch the dough with your hands and not to deform the sedans, and a few seconds remove the paper with the help of tweezers. We’re circling the donut with a slotted spoon until golden brown lightly, careful not to burn them too, there you go controlling . We repeat the same operation two at a time until you finish.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes and the rebozamos by the two sides with the sugar that we have prepared. Reserve while you prepare the filling.
How to prepare the cream for the topping
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a cup with a little milk, stirring well with a spoon, the rest of the milk put it in a saucepan on the fire. Add the vanilla bean or the cinnamon stick, half of the sugar, and the cornstarch dissolved. Let the mixture boil without stopping stirring with a metal lath, or a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a bowl with the rest of the sugar, will we add it to the yolks three spoonfuls of the boiled milk while beating. Add this mixture to the saucepan of boiled milk, and cook 10 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly so that the cream does not stick to the saucepan. Remove from heat and remove the vanilla pod or cinnamon stick. If we want to, we can pass the cream through a fine sieve.
- Let the cream cool down to 50 ° C. And then add the butter must be very soft, stirring vigorously with the rods until you incorporate the whole, and we have a homogeneous cream without lumps.
- We put the cream in a pastry bag with a smooth nozzle small , when the sedans are cool, stepping on a little nozzle in one of the sides of each doughnut, and squeeze it gently to the sleeve, until we see that they are full. And ready, to enjoy a few sedans homemade delicious, they are going to be a success at home.