Below we show you this delicious recipe for Sedans of sugar that will remind you a lot of products from brands like the donuts that we find in supermarkets. To prepare this recipe of desserts we will need ingredients of homespun and a few materials, one thing that is totally necessary is a “kitchen” or kneader for the dough to take in more air and our sedans are more juicy and fluffy.
For this preparation, there are also a few molds with the shape of the vehicle in which baking them, but we’re going to use rings to cut it and give them that form so characteristic. If you still don’t have any of these two vessels, only two vessels of different diameter. To cover the sedans home, there are infinite options as, for example, the classic icing, made with sugar, chocolate, melted crunchy or type fondant, white chocolate with toppings multi-colored or simply sprinkle icing sugar, in any way, it will be delicious. Do you feel like making them?
Ingredients for Sedans of Sugar 6 units
For the mother dough:
- Wheat flour – 70 grams
- Fresh yeast bread – 3 grams
- Warm water – 75 ml (add more if the dough needs it)
For the final mass:
- Milk whole – 10 ml
- Fresh yeast, bakery – 9 grams
- Sugar – 15 grams
- Strong flour – 75 grams
- Salt – 2 grams
- Egg yolks – 2 units
- Butter – 30 grams
- Orange blossom water – 1 dash
- Flour – 30 grams for dusting and working the dough
- Butter for the frosting – 1 tablespoon
- Water for the frosting – 3 tablespoons
- Icing sugar – 4 tablespoons
How to make the recipe Sedans of Sugar
- We start by doing the Mother Dough, to do this, we add to the bowl the flour, the fresh yeast (the get rid of with the hand), and water. Knead for a few minutes until the dough ingredients are well integrated. If we find that we need more water add it gradually.
- Once our dough the upset in a bowl to let it rest and ferment. The cover with a cloth for approximately 35 minutes.
- We cleaned up the previous bowl and add the ingredients to the final mass: whole milk, fresh yeast, bakery, sugar, strong flour, salt, egg yolks, butter and orange blossom water. And knead again.
- We add to our dough, the sourdough that we had reserved, and a bit of orange blossom water. And we return to knead until just combined perfectly.
- The next step will be to work with our dough, to do this, put it on the surface of our countertop, sprinkle a little flour. And knead until the dough is consistent and does not stick to the fingers. So we can give shape to our saloon.
- Now we have to shape our sedans. We will put first the oven to preheat at 170 degrees Celsius. We take a little of our dough, we stretch rolling it on the counter and when you have a suitable diameter together the tips to give the shape to the sedan. We try to ensure that the joints are well soldered, and leave a hole in the middle, taking into account that after the baking they will pick up more volume.
- We put them on the oven rack with a paper plant at its base and introduce them to the oven to 170ºC up and down during 04:18 minutes. Half-baked we can turn them around.
- We make the glaze, for this reason we place a saucepan to heat, with 1 large tablespoon butter, 3 tablespoons water and 4 tablespoons of icing sugar. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until it thickens a little. If not thick much add a little more icing sugar.
- We spread the glaze to the surface of the vehicle and leave to cool for a few minutes to dry and ready to eat!
Notes and tips:
This recipe is modified to get a more light and healthy, in the original recipe of the sedans are usually fried, but frying adds a lot of calories to this development.
In addition, another tip for this recipe (and can be applied to all cakes aerated) is that all the ingredients are at room temperature, so that we should take them out of the fridge half an hour before. If it doesn’t work the yeast, you can add a little baking powder, about 7 grams. If you liked this recipe Sedans of Sugar discover more like this on the dessert recipes.