If you love the biscuits, but you don’t have a oven, or you do not have much time to devote to your development, do not miss the recipe that I propose today, it is a delicious cake made in the microwave, and, best of all, is that we can have it ready in only 10 minutes. If you add the time of preparing the ingredients, and mix them, you will not have to spend more than 15 minutes to the whole process. Don’t you have got 15 minutes? And what about 5? Yes, because in that case we recommend that you take a look at our cake to the cup or mug cake, you can also develop in the microwave in a record time of less than 5 minutes.
For those that don’t have a conventional oven the microwave can be a great ally in the kitchen. This small appliance can help in the preparation of all kinds of recipes. In The Naked Kitchen we collect some examples of the use that we can give, as, for example, to dehydrate ham, adding a different texture to the various workings. We can also use it to prepare a tasty tartare of vegetables and tuna.
The cake recipe that I propose today is really delicious. Thanks to the use of the zest and the juice of the lemon, you get a sweet with a scent and taste intoxicating. If you want to, you can make other versions by replacing the lemon for any other citrus, like orange or tangerine.
Do you want to learn how to prepare this easy cake?
Ingredients for the sponge Cake in the Microwave For 8 people
- Eggs – 3 units
- Lemon – 1 unit
- Lemon juice – 40 ml
- Yogurt – 125 grams
- Wheat flour – 140 grams
- Sugar – 140 grams
- Yeast – 15 grams
- Sunflower oil – 110 grams
How to make the recipe of sponge Cake in the Microwave
- We began the recipe by grating the skin of the lemon. To get an intense flavor, I recommend you use the rind of the entire lemon. You must take care not to grate the white part under the rind, as it has a bitter taste. I advise you to use a fine grater so that the crust does not have a presence is very marked in the mass.
- Cascamos the eggs and pour their contents into a bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat with a whisk until dissolved.
- Add the yogurt, and the juice of the lemon, and continue whisking until both ingredients are incorporated into the mixture.
- Then, toss in the bowl the lemon zest and pour the oil. Beat once more.
- In another bowl we mix the flour with the baking powder.
- With the help of a strainer, tamizamos both ingredients over the bowl where we have the eggs.
- Mix it with the rod until there are no apparent lumps of flour.
- Oils (with a little oil or butter) a mold that is suitable for microwave. We used a mold of ceramic elongated, but you can use one round or the way you want.
- Pour the mixture into the mold.
- We took her to the microwave and we schedule 10 minutes at maximum power.
- Past the cooking time, remove and check if the dough is made by clicking on it with a toothpick. If it were not so, we pop the mold in the microwave, and we extend the cooking for a couple of minutes more.
- Once the cake is cooked, leave to cool on a rack before you unmold.
- Once cold, desmoldamos and serve.
Some important tips
The cooking time will depend on the power of your microwave. We have used one of 800 watts. If the power yours is higher, you have to reduce the cooking time and increase it if you have less power. In any case, it is best to go checking the cooking point with the help of a toothpick.