With this recipe we suggest a different way of eating vegetables. We used a little bit of zucchini to develop a rich cake. This vegetable gives the cake a wonderful moisture that makes it stay in perfect condition for several days. In addition, the incorporation of chopped nuts to the dough, enriched even more in both taste and the nutritional value of this dessert.
In our page you can find other recipes of cakes, such as our delicious homemade cake and orange and kiwi fruit, or our homemade cake of peach.
Ingredients for the sponge Cake of zucchini and nuts, for 8 people
- Zucchini – 150 grams
- Nuts – 65 grams
- White sugar – 150 grams
- Brown sugar – 50 grams
- Wheat flour – 188 grams
- Eggs – 2 units
- Ground cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Liquid vanilla – 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder (baking powder) – 1 small scoop
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sunflower oil – 118 grams
- Butter – to spread
- Flour – for dusting
How to make the Cake recipe zucchini and nuts
- First, grate the courgettes, without peeling, until you get the amount in the recipe.
- In a mortar, break the nuts into coarse pieces.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. We add the two types of sugar and continue beating until you obtain a paste creamy. Add the vanilla, and beat. Add the sunflower oil and continue whisking until smooth. Finally, add the salt and beat again.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. With the help of a fine mesh strainer, tamizamos the three ingredients over the bowl containing the liquid ingredients. We’re sifting the ingredients little by little, stirring constantly to integrate into the liquid mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 165ºC.
- Once we have incorporated all the flour, add the grated zucchini and mix until it is evenly distributed through the dough. We do the same with the chopped walnuts.
- We spread a mold with mantequila, and sprinkle with flour. Pour within the batter and bake for 1 hour or until the prick the cake with a toothpick, it did not present remnants of dough. You have remnants of a mass attached, prolongaremos cooking a few more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and, before serving, leave to cool completely inside the mold.
We can use any type of mold; round, square, rectangular, the more we like it. This cake wins in flavor and texture if you let it rest for 24 hours.