In The Naked Kitchen we love biscuits, so much so that in our cookbook you will find a wide variety. If a few weeks ago I shared the recipe of a delicious sponge orange cake, today is the lemon is the protagonist.
For the preparation of this sweet, we have followed a technique that it has been in use for decades. It consists in measuring the quantity of three major ingredients (flour, oil and sugar), to serve a glass of yogurt empty. In our case, we used a yoghurt, with a capacity of 125 milliliters. This technique I learned from my mother, as she always told me; it never fails! I have tested a few dozens of recipes for biscuits that I found in books and in various places in the network, but none of them exceeds the result obtained by applying this method. If I haven’t convinced you, you only have to look at the crumb of the cake that appears in the photo presentation, I think that speaks for itself, and seeing it, one can feel the fluffiness of this preparation.
Following this same recipe, and substituting the lemon zest for ingredients such as orange zest, pure cocoa powder, grated coconut, etc, you get other delicious versions of this traditional preparation. Enjoy this rich cake with a cup of hot chocolate, or with a little whipped cream. Be that as it may, do not deprive yourselves of enjoying these small pleasures.
Ingredients for sponge lemon cake for 4 people
- Lemon yogurt – 125 ml
- Lemon – 1 unit
- Wheat flour – 3 measures of yogurt*
- Sugar – 2 scoops yogurt*
- Sunflower oil – 1 measure yogurt*
- Eggs – 3 units
- Baking powder – 15 grams
- * Amounts to be calculated using as a measure the cup of yogurt, 125 milliliters
How to make the sponge lemon cake easy recipe
- First, grate the rind of a lemon. I like that the zest is as fine as possible so that it can contribute flavor but the time to eat a piece, barely noticeable in the mass. Reserve.
- Cascamos the eggs and put their contents into a bowl. Then, and making use of a empty glass jar of yogurt 125 ml, add 2 cups of sugar. With the help of a whisk to mix, beat both ingredients until the sugar dissolves and obtain a foamy concoction.
- Add the yogurt and continue beating until incorporated into the mixture. Now, pour in the bowl of a measure of oil. Beat until it is incorporated.
- In another bowl, put 3 measures of flour bakery, and baking chemistry. Mix so that the yeast is distributed evenly. With the help of a strainer, tamizamos the flour directly over the other bowl. We incorporate little by little the flour mixture and yeast while continuing to whisk so that the flour is absorbed by the liquid ingredients.
- Once we have incorporated all the flour, toss in the bowl the lemon zest and mix to distribute evenly. We put it in the oven to heat up to 180ºC.
- Oils a baking sheet. You can use a little butter or oil (olive or sunflower). Once buttered or oiled and sprinkle with flour so that it covers the entire mold. We remove the excess flour.
- Finally, pour the dough into the mold. We took her to the oven. Bake at 180ºC, for approximately 40 minutes or until the dough is cooked. Check the doneness by pricking a toothpick in the cake and seeing if, when removing it, remnants of mass, if this be so, we extend the baking for a few minutes.
- Once the dough is cooked, remove the mould from the oven and let cool on a wire rack before you decorate our wedding cake. Once cold, desmoldamos and serve.
Notes to do this cake
You can bake the dough in a mould with different shape (circular, square, rectangular, etc.), we have used a ring mold 8 inc in diameter.
I advise you to try to get lemons from organic farming, because in conventional farming have on your skin, traces of pesticides are unhealthy for our body. If you can’t get lemons ecological, lavadles very well the skin before grating. If you liked this Cake recipe Lemon you find mor easy Dessert Recipes here