I bring you two recipes for biscuits and orange video! The cake, also called a pound cake, is a type of dough used in baking to produce large number of products, such as pies, cakes, or pies. Among the main ingredients we have the eggs, the flour and the sugar, although it is also common to make use of some element of fat as you can be the sunflower oil. In our cookbook you will find a wide variety, such as our cake marbling with chocolate or our original chocolate cake without flour.
These sweets are prepared in a simple manner, by making use of ingredients available to anyone. With the intention that you may understand some important aspects of the development of any cake, I invite you to take a look at our article. Tips to prepare the cake perfect, in that I give some recommendations that you will come very well to get a great result.
In today’s recipe we suggest you a Sponge Orange Cake. Unlike other recipes, in that you only use the zest of the orange, here we are going to use the whole orange, unpeeled. This recipe I saw her make for the first time to my mother. My father has a small orchard with oranges, tangerines, grapefruit and lemon trees. Since the end of October until well into the summer at my parent’s house there is no lack of oranges, so my mother takes advantage of these months to prepare all type of sweets in which citrus fruits occupy a very notable place. I remember as a child at home there was always a thick cake of orange or lemon, made both in a very similar way to the prescription then we started.
Before you start, I will make a point important: when choosing the orange, you must ensure that it is a fruit with a skin as thin as possible, because if it is thick skin, you will have a white area is also thick (area between the wedges and the outer epidermis). If you can’t find oranges with thin skin, you should withdraw the maximum possible amount of that white part, because if you do not do it I will bring a bitter touch very pleasant.
A cake full of aroma and taste of orange. Is going to give us another alternative for snacks, desserts, and why not, also for breakfast. Another variant is the cake of the orange you brought in your day, it also includes video and I encourage you to try both options, and choose the one that best suits your tastes.
The recipes of cakes such as this cake of yogurt are always well-received at home cooking for his versatility and originality, as they allow for an endless variety and imagination. We hope that the recipe and video of today I like, and above all it come out great at home. Any questions you only have to write us and we will answer as soon as possible.
Ingredients for the sponge orange cake recipe easy for 2 persons
- Eggs – 3 units
- Sugar – 150 grams
- Flour – 250 grams
- Sunflower oil – 100 grams
- Orange juice – 100 grams
- Baking powder – 5 grams
- Orange zest – 1 unit
How to make the Sponge Orange Cake recipe
- The first thing we’ll do is preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 10 minutes and prepare the mold by smearing butter.
- Then, beat the three eggs and sugar with mixer until blanqueen and get the body.
- With the mixer the minimum now, we are going to add the oil, zest, juice and the sifted flour mixed with the yeast. Incorporate all slowly.
- Once list the mixture, put the dough into the mold and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven if it is already done and wait for it to cool to unmold.
- Now desmoldamos, and it only remains for us to enjoy this great dessert alone or in good company, that already, it’s in your hands 😉
Notes and tips for 2 people
We can present the cake sprinkled with icing sugar on top, gives a touch very colorful as the one which we have prepared in the recipe. We can also paint it with orange marmalade and decorated with candied orange. We are going with the following Recipe
Ingredients for Sponge Orange Cake for 8 persons
- Wheat flour – 300 grams
- Sugar – 235 grams
- Eggs – 3 units
- Orange – 1 unit
- Yeast – 5 grams
- Salt – a pinch
- Sunflower oil – 90 grams
- Liquid cream – 100 grams
How to make the orange cake recipe
- In the first place, we wash very well the skin of the orange and, after removing the ends, cut it in pieces. We put these in the bowl of the electric mixer.
- Add a pinch of salt, double cream and sunflower oil. Blend until you obtain a fine purée. Cascamos eggs and toss in a large bowl.
- Add to the bowl the sugar. With the accessory shaft of the electric mixer, beat both ingredients until the mixture is frothy. Then came, little by little, the ingredients that we have in the bowl of the mixer while continuing to whisk to incorporate the mixture.
- Mix in a bowl the flour and the baking powder. With the help of a strainer, tamizamos the flour directly into the bowl where we have the liquid ingredients. Incorporate the flour little by little. With a whisk, we make stirring motion so that the flour will be absorbed.
- We put it in the oven to heat up to 180ºC. Once we have incorporated all the flour, smeared with olive oil a baking sheet. To do this, we help of a paper napkin kitchen. We used a mold of 23 cm in diameter. After smeared with oil, sprinkle with a thin layer of flour. Shake the mold to remove excess flour.
- With the help of a spatula, pour the dough inside the mould. We took her to the oven and bake, at 180 ° c, for 40 minutes or until the cake is cooked. To check the doneness, press with a toothpick, if the collector does not appreciate the remains of mass, our cake is ready, if, on the contrary, there are remains, we need to extend the cooking a few minutes more.
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and, without turn out, leave to cool on a wire rack. Once it is cold, we are ready to unmold and serve.
Notes and tips 2 people
For this recipe I recommend you to try to get oranges from organic farming. The oranges of conventional crop are subjected to numerous phytosanitary treatments in which are applied various pesticides. In the skin of the orange accumulate residues of these products. In the case of products of ecological agriculture, the fruit is free of these pesticides of chemical synthesis.
Following the same steps, but substituting the orange for another citrus, such as lemon, lime, kumquat, tangerine, etc, we can prepare other delicious cakes. If you liked this Cake recipe Orange, find more on easy desserts recipes.