The classic sponge cake with yogurt, a sweet very simple to prepare that you will be ready, without any effort, in little more than 45 minutes. A lot of people feel panic in baking because it is a field in which everything has to be heavy, as it is the best way to reduce the margin of error.
However, to calculate the ingredients of the recipe of today do not need kitchen scales or repicientes meters graduates, with the same glass of the yogurt that is added to the dough we will make to measure ingredients, and how simple! And, best of all, it never fails, always giving rise to great results. At The Naked Kitchen us a method so convenient, that we have used already in several of our recipes, as in the case of our cake of lemon.
This recipe brings me very good memories, because as I’ve told you on occasion, was the first elaboration dessert that my mom taught me to do. And the truth is that I can’t think of a better way to get started in the world of processing sweet than a sponge cake that never fails and that we can do without the use of precision devices.
In this recipe we have made a sponge cake base, which you can enjoy as is or use it as a base for the preparation of pies, cakes or other products. Give yourselves the pleasure of cutting into two layers of the cake resultanta and fill it with all kinds of creams such as pastry cream, chocolate, lemon curd, etc, Feel free to scent the dough with various ingredients, such as lemon or “Sponge orange cake“, a little vanilla, or what you want.
As you say, to measure the ingredients using a glass of yogurt empty. We put the yogurt in a small bowl to clean the glass and dry it, so we first used to measure the sugar and flour and, lastly, we measure the oil. Organize as best you see.
Ingredients for yogurt cake for 8 people
- Natural yoghurt – 125 grams
- Sugar – 2 measures of yogurt
- Wheat flour – 3 measures of yogurt
- Sunflower oil – 1 measure of yogurt
- Eggs – 4 units
- Baking powder (baking powder) – 15 grams
How to cook the yogurt cake recipe
- We began the recipe falling eggs and pouring their contents into a bowl. We take also the two measures of granulated sugar. With the help of a whisk, beat both ingredients until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the yogurt and beat again to incorporate the mixture. In another bowl, mix the three measures of flour with the baking powder.
- Add the mixture to the other bowl by passing it through a strainer to sieve it. Finally, pour the measure of oil and mix it very well so it is evenly distributed through the dough. We put it in the oven to heat to 180 ° C.
- Oils a pan with a little butter and sprinkle with flour. We give a few dry knocks on the mold to dislodge any remaining flour and the retired. Pour the dough into the mold.
- We took her to the oven. Bake at 180 ° C, for 45 minutes or until the cake is cooked. To check the doneness of the dough by the click with a toothpick, or a needle; if the collector is not observed remains, our cake is ready, otherwise, we extend the bake a few more minutes.
- We remove the mould from the oven and let the cake cool on a wire rack before you turn out. Once cold, desmoldamos and serve.
A tips for this yogurt cake
Remember: this yogurt cake has been made in the following way: A measure of yoghurt is equivalent to the volume of the ingredient to be measured with the glass of the yogurt used in the recipe.
If you suffering lactose intolerance, or do not take milk for other reasons, you can use a soy yogurt. If you liked this Cake recipe yogurt find more on dessert recipes.