The anchovy and the anchovy are two types of blue fish that are often confused. They are the same species of fish, though in the north of Spain, they tend to talk more than anchovies, and in the south, and the Mediterranean, anchovy. Can be eaten fresh (cooked in different ways: fried with flour or breaded with flour and egg, vinegar…) or in semi-preserve (need cold), mainly salted or in brine, with oil. Today we are going to propose two different ways of taking them: anchovies fried in batter, which you can do independently or in combination, and we are confident that you will love. The most important thing: that the anchovies are very fresh and of good quality. And if you want to see more ways to prepare, you intend to take a look at our recipe of anchovies in vinegar.
Ingredients for four people
- 1 kilo and a quarter of fresh anchovies
- Flour (required for batter)
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
Steps of Anchovies fried in batter
To clean the anchovies, remove the head and guts, and wash a to a to the faucet. In the event that the fish you give them clean, they will never be clean of everything, therefore, pass them always by water to remove all residues.
Put them in a colander to release all the water, and we let a good time get.
Anchovies in batter
- To make anchovies in batter, the we open and we remove the central spine, which comes off very easily. Reserve.
- In a bowl beat the two eggs.
- Salt to taste anchovies, and pass through flour. The shake to remove excess flour, and introduced in batches into the egg.
- We put plenty of oil in a large frying pan, and once it is hot, we’re putting the anchovies in the pan, a little down the fire and let them turn so that they are made by the two sides, until golden brown.
- We removed them to a plate on which we put kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil, and will be ready to serve.
- The battered fish does not stain the oil, therefore, if you are going to make these two types of frying, do always coated before coated with flour.
- To prepare the anchovies are fried, not the open, we’ll as with your spine.
- Season to taste, pass through flour, shake to remove excess flour and place in the hot oil until they fry.
- As with the batter, once fried place them on a kitchen paper to avoid excess oil. Serve.
Notes and tips
We have put together these two recipes because the small fish can be boring to eat, and if we combine these two ways of anchovies, you will have a dish more varied. When serving, we can put them together in one source. A good way to show them you can be a simple salad, with lettuce, tomato and onion. Image-Shutterstock