The Canned cod is a recipe typical of spanish cuisine, which stands out for the simplicity of its ingredients and for its easy preparation. If you also want to make another rich recipe of fish with paprika, we recommend the hake to the Galician.
The Canned cod receives its name from the container in which it is often prepared; the llauna, a sort of tin tin that was used by the farmer to warm up this dish. If you have got a container of these features, as is our case, you can use a source of mud.
On this occasion we have used a paprika bittersweet, more intense aroma and colour, which uses about half that of either of the other two.
Ingredients from Canned cod for 4 people
- 400 grams Cod Fillets Desalted or fresh
- ½ Cup – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 75 grams – Flour
- 7 grams – Paprika-Sour
- Medium cup – White Wine
- 2 units – Garlic Teeth
- Half a clove – Garlic Head
- 4 sprigs – Parsley
- Salt – to taste
- Ground White pepper – to taste
Steps of the Canned cod
- Confitamos the half head of garlic in the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- On a plate put the flour and add two pinches of salt, two of ground white pepper
- four of paprika, stir.
- Enharinamos the cod fillets and fry skin-on medium heat, turning when lightly browned on the bottom. We take them out to a source, leaving the skin up.
- In the same oil and continue on medium heat, fry the two cloves of chopped garlic, when golden brown add the rest of the paprika, stirring quickly to prevent burning and add white wine, cover to prevent splashes and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Watered with the sauce from the pan the cod of the source, we put the head of garlic confit and we put it in the oven at 180 degrees for 5 or 6 minutes depends on the size and thickness of the loins.
- When you take it out sprinkle with parsley coarsely chopped and serve on plates.
Some best tips:
Both the garlic, the paprika, like cod, give us your better version if you don’t cook at high heat, hence the importance of always keeping the fire at half power.