The green sauce is one of the sauces more typical from spain, very simple and easy to make, and delicious. It is used both for fish (especially hake, monkfish or hake) and for some shellfish, such as clams or cockles, and today we are going to use as an accompaniment for a few fillets of fresh cod. Delicious! We hope you enjoy a lot of this recipe, cod in green sauce, and if you are looking for more recipes with cod, we have a lot to offer.
Ingredients for 2 people
For the Fish:
- 2 cod fillets fresh, boneless, skinless, about 600 grams each
- Garlic powder
- Chopped fresh parsley (a bunch)
- Dried parsley chopped (abundant)
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- Water (about a liter)
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
To enrich and decorate (if desired)
- A jar of asparagus tips (about 8 pieces)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 100 grams of peeled shrimp
- 150 grams of clams or fresh cockles
How to make the recipe of Cod in green sauce
- In a large frying pan and that is not very flat, we put six tablespoons of olive oil, plenty of garlic powder and dried parsley in quantity, the flour and put it in the fire, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon, and little by little we are adding the water and salt to taste, until you get a considerable amount of sauce, which will cook the cod, and with a light texture and no lumps.
- We start each cod fillet in two parts, salted, and put into the sauce remove from the heat.
- If we want to add to the dish clams, cockles, and/or shrimp, we introduce also in the sauce along with the loins.
- The cocinaremos for about 7-8 minutes, until the flesh of the cod and the prawns lose that transparency of the raw fish and turn white, and the clams and/or cockles open up.
- At this time, if you wish, add the asparagus tips (white or green, to taste), and two hard boiled eggs cut in halves. Let continue cooking two minutes more. Serve.
Tips for the cod in green sauce
When serving, sprinkle with a little fresh parsley freshly chopped. And if we have decided to accompany the cod with hard-boiled egg, asparagus, shrimp, clams and/or cockles, we will take care that each dish is more or less the same, and with the same number of ingredients (for example: two studs, medium, hard-boiled egg, etc). Fish Recipes