Cod in the style of the grandmother
Today we are going to give you a different recipe to prepare the cod, so typical of the Week Santa, in a simple and resultona, in the style of grandmother Teresa. You work with little effort, a full plate, delicious and perfect for any occasion, because the ability to leave it prepared in advance, so the cod-style of the grandmother it is a good idea for when you have guests at home. We use salt cod salted or in brine, so it is important to plan the recipe with time, as you will need to be soaked in water for 48 hours (and change the water 4 times, every twelve hours, more or less).
Ingredients for 4 people
- 600 grams of salt cod salted or in brine
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass of Sherry wine for cooking
- 200 grams of fried tomato
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 potato medium
For the béchamel sauce
- Three tablespoons full of flour
- 70 grams of butter
- Two tablespoons of oil
- Half a litre of milk
- Salt (to taste)
Steps to make cod in the style of the grandmother
- Chop very fine the garlic and the onion.
- We heat the oil in a medium frying pan (about 24 cm in diameter). When hot, toss the onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the codfish previously drained (after, as we said at the beginning, keep it to soak for 48 hours). Sauté along with the onion and the garlic, and when it starts to brown and lose the water, add the Sherry wine. Stir gently and add the tomato sauce, mixing everything evenly.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally and remove from heat. Reserve.
- Cut the potato into very thin slices (as if for tortilla), and fry without arriving at brown, whether in the fryer or in the frying pan.
- Prepare the béchamel sauce. In a saucepan, put to heat the butter and oil. Once the butter has melted and linked with the oil, remove from heat, add the flour and stir im median tely to avoid the appearance of lumps. If you want a white sauce thick, add a tablespoon more of flour.
- We put the saucepan on the fire, and at a medium temperature, we are adding to the milk without stopping to stir, until you obtain a creamy texture (about 8-10 minutes). Add a pinch of salt.
- As we present, in a large bowl or in individual portions, use a baking dish large or four small. Put it in the background of the source, the cod, cover with the béchamel sauce and decorate with the fried potatoes.
- With the oven pre-heat and in a position to grill (about 220 degrees), we introduce the sources and leave until the potatoes acquire a golden hue.
Notes and Tips
This cod can be prepared up to 48 hours in advance, leaving it in a container with a lid and in the fridge, to prepare almost at the moment of serve the béchamel sauce and the potatoes.