Today we want to show you a traditional dish of the basque cuisine that is characteristic for the mixture of flavors that we offer. It is meatballs cod, this recipe of fish accompanied with a sauce of onions, meat, peppers choriceros and white wine is really delicious. If you prefer another sauce for your meatballs, take a look at our recipe of gefilte fish with salsa verde with which we are sure you will enjoy the most of a light sauce and ideal for all kinds of fish…
Ingredients for the Meatballs Cod for 2 people
- Fillet of cod – 1 large
- Peppers choriceros – 2 units
- Garlic – 1 clove large
- Bread crumbs – 2 tablespoons
- Egg – 1 unit
- White wine – 1 glass
- Crushed tomatoes – 1 tablespoon
How to make the recipe for Meatballs of Cod
- The first thing we will do is cook the sausages and to do this we will put a saucepan of water to a boil and add. We leave about 10 minutes and reserve…
- Then chop very fine the garlic and add to a bowl along with the bread crumbs.
- Put it in the bowl, the fillet of hake and break into small pieces with the help of two forks. You have to be completely crumbled and the finer better, in addition, we will integrate the mixture with the garlic and the bread crumbs.
- Add an egg and re-mix.
- We take a little of our mixture with your hands and make a ball about 3 or 4 inches in diameter. We will do the rest of the balls until you finish the mixture.
- Clean the peppers choriceros, we cut it in half, take good seeds with the help of a knife and mixture, the inner skin to remove the flesh of the pepper.
- Rebozamos the meatballs in flour, add to a pan a little oil and when hot, add the meatballs. We passed by the hot oil quickly and for a short time with care not to break them off, pull them out and reserve…
- Cut onion and add to the same pan, once browned or transparent add the meat of the peppers choriceros, the meatballs and the white wine. Stir and leave on medium heat…
- After a few minutes add the crushed tomatoes, stir and leave to cook. Add a pinch of salt and stir. When you reduce the sauce, we will be able to turn off the heat and check out our meatballs to serve them warm!
Notes and Tips
Although in this recipe we have left to reduce the sauce without crushing, if you prefer, you can pass through the potato masher to make it more fine, never by the mixer ¡eye to the data! If you liked this recipe of Cod Dumplings from Fish Recipes, have to try the Cod meatballs with Green Sauce.