The cod with garlic is a recipe of fish with many variations that depend on the region, the season or the cook. As there is not a set recipe, this time we decided to prepare only with products of the earth, and the cod loin, but if you want to see another recipe of cod homemade with garlic take a look and choose the one you like the most… do you Cook?
Ingredients for 4 people
- Cold cod-fish – 600 grams
- Green pepper – 1 unit
- Red pepper – 1 unit
- Onion – half unit
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Sweet paprika – 1 tablespoon
- Cayenne pepper – 1 unit
- Tomato sauce – 1 glass
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil
Steps to make cod with garlic
- Wash and chop the onion and the peppers into dice. In a frying pan with a little olive oil, fry the garlic in thin slices.
- When the garlic begins to brown add the vegetables and chilli. Leave to fry gently for 15 minutes and remove the peppers.
- On the other hand, we remove the excess of water to the cod and dry it with a cloth. Check that the fish does not have a spine and cut into loins.
- We go with the frying pan in which we will add the tomato sauce and the paprika. You can do two things, pass the sauce through a pass-mashed potatoes and after cooking in it the cod or leave it whole and cook the fish, as we like.
- Cook the cod with the sauce for a few minutes and we turn to sources of mud. Finally, sprinkle a little paprika on top and serve hot.
If you like seafood you can also add some prawns, crabs and crayfish. As the cod “ajoarriero” gains in flavor when it sits, if you have guests a day preparing this recipe the day before, and you’ll see how your guests will suck the fingers with this dish… Fish Recipes