This southern province of Spain stands out because his recipes are famous in all Spain and even abroad. Seems like a reason more than enough to know the traditional recipes of this land. For this reason, we present in this article a famous recipe of Seville: the cod with tomato. A dish that will delight all those who try it. If this recipe appeals to your curiosity about the Spanish food, which now forms part of the cookbook of Spanish food.
This dish of cod with tomato is a typical of the season of lent or Holy Week in seville. As dictated by tradition, easter is forbidden to consume meat, that is why people opt for fish, vegetables, etc, that is why this dish has become a favorite of the kitchens of seville in dates of lent. There are many ways to prepare the cod, but the most famous one is this recipe with tomato. However, this is not important, you must take care to desalt the cod or buy it directly desalted, or you could ruin the recipe completely.
If you want to know what ingredients you need and the steps to follow to prepare this delicious recipe of cod with tomato, continue reading below.
Ingredients for Cod with tomato for 2 people
- Loins of cod (desalted or without desalination) – 2 loins. If you purchase without desalinating we will explain to you on the steps to follow how to desalarlo.
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – to taste
- Onion – 1 piece
- Red tomatoes – 3 pieces
- Garlic – 3 or 4 teeth
- Flour – to taste
How to make the recipe for Cod with tomato
- To desalt the cod
- If you buy the cod without soak, this step is very important. To remove the salt to the fish, simplemtente soak in water. This will extract the salt from the cod.
- Leave it submerged for about two days. It is convenient to change the water two to four times, as this will ensure that you remove as much salt as possible.
- Recipe for cod with tomato
- Now that we have the fish already desalted, pass it through flour. We put oil in the pan and fry. When you are in your spot, reserve.
- Then, prepare the tomato sauce. To do this, we will peel and chop the tomatoes. When we get this done, put in the pan the chopped tomatoes, the onion, the garlic and a little salt (be careful not to spend).
- Prepare the sauce for about 15 or 20 minutes. When you are ready, add the cod that we had reserved and cook it in the pan.
- Cook the cod with the sauce for about 10 minutes.
- Serve when you are ready.
As you can see, the recipe is simple and quick. The major complication of this dish is the process of desalt the fish, something that can save you easily if you buy it already desalted. With this recipe you’ll have a perfect dish not only for easter, but for all the months of the year.
Do you like this recipe? Do you dare to prepare this fish? Leave us your ideas and opinions in the comments below, and if you liked this recipe, do not forget to recommend us to your friends and family through social networks. If you’ve been wanting to know more about andalusian cuisine, don’t forget to visit our article Recipes and food typical of Seville, where we talk about this dish of cod with tomato and other traditional dishes of this province in the south of the peninsula. If you liked this recipe for Cod with tomato. Fish Recipes.