Rice is an ingredient with great nutritional properties; it is rich in carbohydrates, protein, minerals and vitamins. In our cookbook recipes with rice occupy a leading position, we have many savory dishes but also sweet, to see them you only have to visit our section fish recipes, or write the word “rice” in the box of the search engine you’ll find in the top right of our page.
In today’s recipe, we are going to teach you to prepare a dish of rice with clams, a development very easy with which you will be able to enjoy all the flavor and aroma of the sea.
If you wish, you can enrich this development by adding other ingredients, as it can be a little fish in tacos, different vegetables or whatever you fancy. You can even put a few tablespoons of tomato sauce at the same time as the rice, so that will make doing a dish with different nuances to which I propose below. Remember; in the kitchen, the only limits are those sets our imagination.
If you like the recipes with clams, in our cookbook you will find various options, don’t lose them!
Do you want to learn how to prepare a rich, nutritious and healthy rice with clams? Let’s go with the recipe!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- Rice – 150 grams
- Clams – 250 grams
- Onion – 1 unit
- White wine – 75 ml
- Fish broth – 500 ml
- Chopped parsley – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – 1 pinch
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
Preparation of the Recipe
- An hour or two before preparing the recipe, we put the clams in a bowl with a handful of salt and cover with plenty of water. Stir so that the salt dissolves. If the water is put cloudy in a short time we must change it for clean water.
- In 2 hours, we started with the recipe. First, peel the onion and chop finely.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion. Season it and cook, over medium heat, until soft. If you want to achieve a great taste, I recommend that you do the onions over very gentle until it caramelizes. You know that is caramelized in the time acquire a nice golden tone.
- Then, pour the white wine and continue cooking until almost has evaporated.
- Pour the fish broth in a saucepan and bring to the heat.
- When the wine has evaporated, add the ground black pepper and the rice. Stir and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Then, pour the hot fish broth and cook, over medium heat, until the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, chop the parsley finely.
- Five minutes before the end of cooking, add to the pan the parsley and the clams. We put a lid to the pan and cook until clams open. At that time, remove the pan from the heat and serve im.
Notes to prepere the clams
To prepare this recipe we used white rice round grain, but you can use other varieties. The cooking times of each one of these may vary. If you use brown rice you must keep in mind that your cooking time is superior to that presented by the white rice, you must, therefore, add greater amount of the fish stock of the expressed in the recipe.
Although our recommendation is that you use clams, you can also use them frozen, in this case it is important that the add the rice directly from the freezer, without thawing it beforehand. After cooking you must discard those parts which have not been opened.
Although today you can buy fish stock in any establishment of power, I recommend that you will prepare yourselves at home. Below I leave you the link of our recipe of Beans with Clams, which gives rise to a background ideal for enhancing the flavour of a large number of dishes.