Clams is one of the products that most appeal to our fans, therefore, from which we began our journey we have been gathering numerous recipes where this ingredient has a great prominence. If you make use of our search engine you can see a collection of dishes as rich as some clams to the marinara, a rice with clams and prawns and many other delicious preparations.
On this occasion we are going to teach to prepare them accompanied by a spicy sauce made of tomato sauce, onion, chili pepper, and cayenne pepper. The result is a dish of great flavor that we’re sure will delight the whole family.
At the time of purchasing the ingredients I recommend you to decantéis for clams, as the dish will gain in texture and taste. If not you can get, do not hesitate to use them frozen, in that case only you must take into account that the clams frozen is poured into the pan direct from the freezer, without thawing it beforehand.
If you want to enjoy a top healthy, easy to prepare and really delicious, you cannot miss this recipe of clams in spicy sauce.
Ingredients for 2 people:
- Clams – 250 grams
- Onion – 1/2 unit
- Tomato sauce – 150 grams
- Cayenne pepper – 1 unit
- Broth of the clams – 125 milliliters
- Cloves of garlic – 2 units
- Parsley – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Cayenne pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
Preparation of the Recipe
- The first thing we need to do is to put the clams to soak with plenty of water and a handful of salt, this way they expel the sand they may contain. We will put them in water at least 1 hour before preparing the recipe, we had to soak for two hours.
- Once we clean the clams, put to heat a little water in a pan. When it starts to boil, we introduce the clams. As they open the remove them from the pan to avoid that we have a smooth texture too rubbery. To carry out this action, we we help of some small tweezers. Reserve the broth that remains in the pan after the cooking of the clams.
- Cut half onion, peel and chop finely. We do the same with the cloves of garlic.
- Cut the pepper into several chunks and remove the seeds.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the three ingredients that we have just processed. Cook, over medium heat, until the onion begins to soften.
- Then add the cayenne pepper and cook for two minutes with care so as not to burn.
- Add the tomato sauce and the broth from cooking the clams. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the thicker stems of the parsley and chop leaves finely.
- After 5 minutes, toss the parsley into the pan and stir. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Finally, we incorporate the clams, stir well to infuse with the sauce and serve im median tely.
Notes and Tips
As indicates the name of this recipe, this dish is for lovers of the spicy, in any case, you can regulate the intensity by adding more or less chilli, or substituting part of the paprika spicy sweet-and-sour or sweet.
After the cooking of the clams you must dispose of those copies that have not opened their shells: Recipes Seafood