Today I bring you a delicious stew of squid and potatoes. a recipe very traditional in many Spanish households. It is a very simple dish to prepare, that we will have ready in a very short time with little effort. The stew that is obtained is full of flavor. We recommend to accompany it with a good bread, with which to enjoy the sauce which is achieved after cooking.
In our cookbook you can find other recipes where you use squid, as in our recipes squid ink and seafood paella on the wood fire.
Ingredients for Squid Stewed for 2 people
- Sliced squid – 500 grams
- Potatoes – 4 units
- Green pepper – 1 unit
- Onion – 1 unit
- Ripe tomato – 1 unit
- Cloves of garlic – 2 units
- Chopped parsley – 1 tablespoon
- White wine – 200 ml
- Extra virgin olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Ground pepper – to taste
- Sweet paprika – 1 teaspoon
How to make the recipe Squid Stewed
- We start the recipe by peeling and chopping finely the garlic and the onion. On the other hand, we cut the green pepper in half. Remove the seeds and the white part, and cut it into small pieces.
- We put olive oil to heat in a pot. When you take color, add the garlic and the onion. When the onion softens a little, add the pepper.
- We leave the tomato in half and grate their flesh. Reserve. Peel and cut the potatoes into thick slices. Reserve. Chop finely the parsley. Reserve.
- When the onion and pepper are tender, add to the pot the sliced potatoes, the paprika and the pepper, the salt, the grated tomato, the white wine, and sliced squid.
- Cook all ingredients over medium heat until the squid are tender and their size has been considerably reduced.
- Once the potatoes and the squid are tender, you can remove the pot from the heat and enjoy this delicious dish.
Notes and Tips
If you want to buy the squid whole it is important to clean them well by removing the skin and the endoesqueleteo that carry in their interior (a kind of plastic). If you do not know how to do it, here I leave a link to our article; how to clean a squid or flying, in which we explain this in detail.