The tuna fish is one of the most game on offer in the kitchen, because he can prepare all kinds of dishes, from tartare to foie gras, and from salads to recipes in which is the protagonist. You can take on preserves (ideal for making, for example, salads and dumplings) or cool (as we will in this recipe). This tuna with tomato and peppers that we are going to propose is a dish very full, delicious and easy to make. And if you are looking for other ways to prepare it, do not miss our recipes of tuna.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 slice of tuna, a kilo or so (or, if the slice is small, two, they are not too thick). When you buy, ask the fishmonger to remove the skin and separate it into four medallions, removing the thorns, both the central and the lateral.
- 400 grams of tomato sauce
- 1 small tin of piquillo peppers (about eight pieces)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 glass of sherry for cooking
- 1 glass of water
- Olive oil
Steps of Tuna with tomato and peppers
- Wash well the medallions of tuna, and drain them. Once they are well drained, season and pass through flour.
- We put a bed generous of oil in a large frying pan, and when hot, introduce the medallions of tuna. The seal, approximately two minutes on each side, so that it is browned a little, and remove them from the pan. Reserve. (It is important not to fry it too much to avoid be dry).
- We removed a little of the oil from the pan, and add the garlic and onion powder to discretion. Let it fry for a few moments (being careful not to burn), and add the tomato sauce.
- Stir and add the glass of sherry.
- Continue stirring to flirt well, and we add the glass of water. Once everything is well linked (about three minutes of cooking), remove from heat.
- In a clay pot (or any other type of source, but that allows to put it to the fire), we put a little of the sauce and the medallions of tuna. Watered with the rest of the sauce. Bring the pan to the fire.
- Add the piquillo peppers cut in strips, and leave to cook for about 10-12 minutes. If you find that the sauce reduces too much, add a little more water.
Tips for prepare the tuna with tomato
This recipe for tuna with tomato and peppers is perfect to prepare in advance, as almost all the dishes in sauce, as you power your flavor. And if you like green pepper, you can put on the medallions a few strips of green pepper fried when serving, for garnish. Fish Recipes