Today we present our recipe for tuna with tomato, for this processing we will need two ingredients are very basic: a few good fillets of bonito or tuna, and a good homemade tomato sauce make this dish irresistible. Despite the fact that the bonito is one of the summer season, we can find good gender at other times of the year. Remember that it is always better to buy the piece fresh than frozen, the end result of the fish will be much more juicy.
If you can’t find a good piece of nice, you can use fresh tuna, the result is very similar since they have the same nutritional properties and organoleptic characteristics. You can add this sauce to the vegetables that you most like, or that you left for home as carrot, red pepper, potatoes etc Another recipe which you can produce with this delicious fish is the tuna with ratatouille of vegetables, if you want to eat well even when you’re just in time-these are certainly two good options…
Ingredients for 2 people
- Tuna loins – 300 grams
- Tomatoes – 3 units
- Onion – 1 unit
- Green pepper – 1 small unit
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Tomato concentrate – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper – to taste
- Cayenne pepper – 1 unit
How to make the recipe of Tuna with tomato
- To start, blanch the tomatoes, put a pot on to boil and add for a minute. We take them out, the peel, cut them in half and remove the seeds and pulp, chop into small squares and reserve. After, we cleaned up the bell pepper and cut it into julienne strips. We do the same with the onion and mince the garlic.
- Add a splash of oil to our skillet or saucepan and heat it over medium heat. Add the garlic and brown them a little, not much. Then add the bell pepper and the onion, let fry, stirring, cook for about 8 minutes.
- Then, add the tomato pieces and the pulp that we had booked and strain to not drop the seeds into the saucepan. Stir and leave to fry gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cayenne pepper and the tablespoons of tomato paste, the 2 minutes we can take out the cayenne pepper, depending on what you like the spicy, you can leave more or less time, or not add it in case you don’t like the spicy touch. Let cook about 10 minutes, towards the end add a tablespoon of sugar and stir. Let cook again.
- Set aside a little of the vegetable and in that gap we add the tuna, give them a few laps to seal by both parties and then stir with all the vegetables. Let cook about 5 minutes, as you like to the point of tuna and we now have the dish ready to present!
Tip for to prepare the tuna
It is recommended to consume this stew in a period of two days, otherwise, it is preferable to freeze it. When you go to consume it again, get it out of the freezer the day before and warm it in a saucepan at medium temperature, so will not be dried flesh of the tuna. When buying tomatoes, make sure they are well ripe, with an intense red color, but without wrinkles or dented.