The paratha is a flat bread fried typical indian cuisine. Unlike other homemade breads fried, the paratha is a bread stuffing. Is usually to fill in numerous vegetables, and fry it in a pan with a little ghee, which is a kind of melted butter.
In The Naked Kitchen we prepared some delicious paratha, stuffed potatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and spices.
Ingredients for Aloo Paratha (fried dumpling) for 5 people
For the dough
- White flour wheat – 165 grams
- Water – 80 grams
- Olive oil – 20 grams
- Salt – 3.5 grams
For filling and Frying
- Potato cooked and peeled – 255 grams
- Raw onion – 40 grams
- Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fine – 15 grams
- Ground black pepper – a pinch
- Coriander seeds powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – One-third of a teaspoon
- Salt – To taste
- Ghee or clarified butter: If you don’t have ghee, you can prepare at home. You will find how to prepare ghee at the end of the recipe, in the section of tips and suggestions. If you do not want to bother, you can fry the bread in butter or margarine
How to make the recipe of Aloo Paratha (pan fried dumpling)
- Put it to boil the potatoes, peeled in large pieces. Cook them until tender. Throw away the cooking water, let cool and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, toss the flour, water, oil and salt. Mix until the flour has absorbed the water. Cover the bowl with a cloth and let the dough rest for 20 minutes. This rest will make the flour hydrate completely, and it costs us less to knead.
- Spent the time resting, turn the dough out onto the work surface and knead, until our dough looks elastic. Once achieved, put the dough in the bowl and cover with the cloth. We leave it to sit while we prepare the filling.
- With the help of a fork, break the potatoes to make them mashed. Add all the spices, the dried tomatoes into small pieces and finely chopped onion. Mix well.
- Divide the dough into 10 balls of about 27 grams of weight. We take one of the balls and, with the help of a roller, the pin flatten to form a disk about 8 inches in diameter.
- We repeat the process with another dough ball. In one of the drives, we put a tablespoon and a half of padding. Divided up without getting to the edge.
- Humedecemos the edge with water, put the other disc on top, and press to seal. Let it rest in the pan for 5 minutes before giving the final shape. We repeat the process with rest of balls.
- While the bread is resting, put to heat a frying pan with a little ghee. After 5 minutes of rest of our bread, we pass the roller over and pin flatten until it reaches a diameter of about 18 centimeters.
- The bread should be fine. There is that be careful not to press too hard for the edge so that it does not come off the filler.
- Fry the breads one by one. We put a pan, I fry 2 or 3 minutes to fire soft, on one side, we turn and fry another 2 or 3 minutes. Fry our breads until areas of golden on its surface.
- Add one tablespoon of ghee each time that the pan is dry. It is normal to have to add ghee in between bread and bread, and, sometimes, even add it each time you turn the bread. Leave to cool slightly our bread and serve warm.
Notes and Tips
To prepare ghee at home need to 450 grams of butter. In a medium saucepan, heat the butter on a gentle heat and cook about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat when the white haze golden brown, turning brown, and are deposited in the bottom of the pot. Colaremos the ghee and leave to cool. We will keep in the fridge in an airtight container.
If you liked this recipe of Aloo Paratha (Bread fried dumpling)