If I had to choose a single activity in my kitchen, it would certainly be that of making bread. I cannot emphasize enough how rewarding it is to eat a good homemade bread. And that people are still amazed when they know what you’ve done.
The smell while they’re baking is wonderful and very generous in addition, the entire world.
The bread that I bring today is very simple to perform, if you are one of those that you start to want to introduce in this world, I can assure you that you will come to the first and with some great results.
The crumb is dense, and very tasty. The contribution of the rye flour makes it very special. You can see his versatility, as the same will accompany her to the meal as you can prepare some delicious snacks.
So, grab your apron and let out the baker in all of us.
Ingredients For 9 bars
- 550 grams of Wheat Flour.
- 100 grams of Rye Flour.
- 30 grams of Gluten of Wheat.
- 375 grams Mineral Water to Lukewarm.
- 30 grams of Olive Oil.
- 20 grams of sea Salt (or your preference).
- 11 grams of Dry Yeast of Baker (30 grams if fresh)
Preparation of Bars of homemade Bread
- In a large bowl put the rye flour along with the yeast and 350 grams of warm water. Mix and let stand fifteen minutes.
- The other 50 grams of water, the reserve, and when we’re kneading the rest of the ingredients, we will add or not as we see necessary.
- Last time, we add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until you obtain a dough manageable with which we can form into a ball (takes about fifteen minutes to get this:
- Weigh servings of 125 grams, and stretch every one of them with a roller.
- We now proceed to roll each portion on itself, as if it were a cigar. What we will do without pressing, leaving rolling out the dough.
- We will try to leave the lock in the bottom to not open while they are in the oven.
- We wrap the oven tray with greaseproof paper and leave the bar with enough separation from one to the other until the bend volume. Taparemos with a cotton cloth and in a site free of currents.
- Turn on the oven to 250º.
- Before entering the bars in the oven, we make a few cuts with a cutter or sharp knife and sprinkle flour on top of every one of the bars.Take them to the oven for 25 minutes, medium height and went down the oven to 200º. At the time of pouring, dropping hit 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of the furnace, so will produce steam im median tely and the crust will be crispy.
- To know if they are cooked, when take them out, they are hit on the bottom with the knuckles, the sound will be hollow.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and enjoy.
Notes and Tips
Normally to make bread we use strong Flour, but do not always find it in the super. So that I have at home a bag of gluten and what can I add in the necessary proportion to convert any flour (wheat or not) in bread-making. If this is not your case and you can find easily the strong Flour, don’t add the gluten indicated in the recipe. The grams of flour remain the same. The gluten in wheat you can find it easily in herbalists.
The total water of the recipe, it is better not to add it from the beginning. Not all
flours require the same amount of water, and if more is needed, what you’ll see according to knead. If it is too hard, you add, that you work well, then it is not needed.
In time of running of the mass depends on the temperature, of course in the summer will be shortened significantly.