It is time to eat dried fruits! To be healthy this food is the ideal complement to our diet, today we want to show you the benefits and properties of the nuts to begin to include in your day-to-day.
The nuts are characterised by their low water content and by a significant percentage of fats, mono and polyunsaturated, which are healthy for our body. Among them we can find almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, peanuts, pistachios, walnuts, pine nuts, and sunflower seeds among a large variety of nuts that many times we avoid because they are considered very high in calories. Then, we leave you a series of tips that you can include in your diet appropriately and the benefits and properties of nuts.
Benefits and properties of nuts
- They are rich in fiber: The consumption of nuts helps to regulate the intestinal transit, control the appetite and lower cholesterol levels.
- They are a source of minerals: nuts provide magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, selenium and zinc have antioxidant properties.
- They are rich in fats mono and polyunsaturated With cardiovascular properties, nuts are notable for their large amount of fats, mono and polyunsaturated such as oleic acid, omega-3 and omega-6 essential for the body.
- Contain vegetable protein: nuts are the ideal food in moderate amounts for those people who perform exercise on a daily basis.
- They are rich in vitamins: nuts contain vitamins B1, B3 and folate, which help us to stay full of energy, in addition, also an antioxidant nature to be rich in vitamin E.
Nuts reduce the risk of diseases
According to different studies, the moderate consumption of nuts reduces the levels of cholesterol in blood and protects against the development of atherosclerosis. There is also evidence to argue that eating nuts frequently is associated with a lower risk of suffering diabetes. In addition to this, they also possess properties saciantes and antioxidants, so it is advisable to include them in our diet.
On the other hand, the consumption of nuts has been related with a lower incidence of developing colon cancer and therefore we can say that these seeds are one of the foods that are more healthy for our body. Then, we will see how to incorporate them into your diet…
How to incorporate nuts into our diet
- To be more nutritious a good option is the yogurt, or if you prefer to do so in a curd with walnuts is delicious…
- If you want to eat healthy and light to prepare a rich salad, also if you put dried fruit and nuts like cashews or pine nuts will complete at nutritional this dish unique.
- In Macedonian of fruits are also very good, for example, chopped almonds mixed with fresh fruit will be a marvel to behold.
- To give a different flavour to your dishes and test a cream of vegetables with chopped nuts and you will see how well you feel in all the senses.
Nuts are a very good option for those people who want to make a diet for weight gain or in athletes. For them the best is the breakfast, snack, or even in the main meals, sate your appetite and recargarás energy for optimal performance.
Remember that consumption must be moderate and that the daily amount should not exceed 15 grams, now that you know more about the benefits and properties of the nuts you can’t stop including them in your diet. Do you feel like?