In The Naked kitchen, we put at your disposal a wide repertoire of recipes made with rice. Many of them are based on traditional dishes known all over the world, as is the case of the rice to the cuban or the paella, and others, such as the recipe which we are about to share with you today, break totally with the classical way of serving the rice, opting for presentations that contribute to the dish an attractive aesthetics that we incite to want to eat it.
The recipe that I propose is simple, economic and very quick to prepare. In less than half an hour you will have ready a dish that you like to large and small. In addition, one serving of this rice, I will supply a good dose of energy, protein of high biological value, and other important nutrients.
The secret to this dish is really really tasty is to add a good beef broth. I encourage you to yourselves, at home following our recipe for chicken soup.
For this recipe we have used minced meat of veal and pork. I invite you to do other versions using other types of meat, such as chicken, with which you will obtain a dish with a lower fat content. You can also substitute the meat for fish or seafood, in that case I recommend that you elaboréis at home a good bottom fish to enrich the flavor of the dish.
Do you want to learn how to prepare this original and surprising development? Let’s go with the recipe!
Ingredients for the Rice to american or american To 4 people
- Rice – 210 grams
- Onion – 1 unit
- Cloves of garlic – 2 units
- Red pepper – 1 unit
- Pork – 100 grams
- Beef – 100 grams
- Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Beef broth – 400 ml
- Sliced cheese – 8 units
- Olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg – 3/4 teaspoon
How to make the Rice recipe to the american or american
- Cut the steaks into chunks and toss in the bowl of the grinder. Chop until we are left with a fine texture.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the minced meat. Cook, over medium heat, until they take a little bit of color.
- When the meat is done, add the soy sauce and stir. Cook a couple more minutes and remove from heat.
- Peel the garlic cloves and the onion. Chop both ingredients finely.
- Cut the pepper in half and remove the seeds. With the help of a peeler remove the skin. The peeler should be very sharp so that we do not take part of the flesh of the pepper. If you don’t have one you can bake the peppers and peel them with ease, or, if you prefer, add them with the skin on. Once we peeled, we cut them in small pieces.
- Heat another bit of oil in the same pan where we have made the meat and add the garlic cloves, the onion and the red pepper. We put also a little bit of salt. Cook, over medium heat, stirring regularly.
- When the onion and pepper are tender, add the pepper, nutmeg and rice. Mix with a spatula.
- Next, add the vegetable broth. Carry to a boil. Cook, maintaining a boil moderately until the rice absorb all the liquid. Check the point of cooking if necessary add more broth.
- Once we have all the ingredients prepared, the time has come to place, to do this, we put a few clippings of parchment paper on a platter or a baking tray. Take pastry cutter steel (round or square, as you prefer), and we put them on paper. Take several tablespoons of the rice mixture and vegetables, and put them in the bottom of the mold. Crush gently the rice with the help of the back of the spoon. We have to fill about 3/4 of the capacity of the mold.
- Then, we complete them with the ground beef.
- Finally, we cover each serving with two slices of cheese.
- We put it in the oven and gratinamos, at 200°, until the cheese is founded slightly. Serve hot.
Notes and Tips
For this recipe we used bomba rice, but you can use any other variety. We can make as many variations of the recipe are happening to us, for example, we may add, just before putting the slices of cheese, a small layer of bechamel, so we will get a dish with an extra creaminess.