The Meatballs in tomato sauce is a typical dish of the cuisine of arabian, although today we can find them in virtually all of the world. Its success lies in the ease of processing, in addition, these recipes are very versatile, you can make them from the typical dish of beef meatballs with potatoes fried in squares, or if you prefer you can prepare fish, as the meatballs of hake.
This recipe of meatballs in tomato sauce, plus ground beef is a dish totally homemade, and inexpensive. To cook these meatballs only need a few ingredients and very little time, so it’s perfect to take to work, only to take us half an hour to make and you can freeze them or store them in a tapper for another time.
We can add to our tomato sauce different ingredients to vary the recipe and give it another touch, such as vegetables (onion, peas, carrot..), or accompanied by different side dishes like French fries or even add another type of wine or spirits that will give the sauce a taste different.
Ingredients for 2 people
- Ground beef – 400 grams
- Tomatoes – 5 units
- Garlic – 1 clove large
- Grated parmesan cheese – 20 grams
- Bread crumbs – 20 grams
- Egg – 1 unit
- Onion – 1 unit
- Red wine – half a glass
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Pepper – to taste
How to make the recipe for Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Peel the garlic and chop very fine, everything that we can. You can have the help of some utensil to do it with a knife.
- In a large bowl, add the meat, bread crumbs, garlic, egg and about, grate a bit of cheese parmessano. Then season and stir to integrate the ingredients.
- We take small pieces of the mix to make our balls of meatball, to give them shape and put them in a separate dish.
- Now blanch the tomatoes. To do this we make a cut in a cross and add to a saucepan with a little boiling water. Leave for a minute and remove. This will peel better the skin and take better advantage of the tomato.
- Take them out and place in a bowl with ice to cool quickly, and we can peel off the skin.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut the tomatoes in half and took the pips or seeds, we can leave this party in a small container already that we will use later.
- Add the tomato flesh, that is to say, the tomatoes, peeled and cleaned of seeds at the base of the blender and blend. Strain on the glass part of the seeds that we had saved in the previous point so as to achieve a sauce less thick.
- Chop very fine an onion, add a drizzle of oil in a pot, once hot add the onion, let it fry gently for about 4 minutes, until transparent and add the meatballs.
- We added them with a lot of care not to break, and stir very slowly. We’re removing every bit of time, and after 5 minutes add the tomato.
- Stir and after 10 minutes add 1 glass of red wine and a tablespoon of sugar. Stir and leave on medium heat for 20 minutes, and we will have them ready to serve!
Notes and Tips
To accompany this dish you can fry a potatoes cut in squares and add them in the last cooking, in addition to a healthy salad.
The better the minced beef, the better will be the result of our meatballs in sauce. It is preferable that you go to a butcher and ask our butcher that we chop a piece of meat you choose, to buy a tray of minced beef. The minced meat does not carry water or brine (as opposed to in the tray), which makes them much more tender and juicy