If you like the contrast of flavors, these meatballs tropical you will like them. You’ll surprise your guests when you present to the table with this delicious pineapple salsa that contrasts nicely with the light taste of mustard meatballs. More in Meat Recipes!
But if you’re more traditional, don’t miss these amazing Meatballs with almond sauce, with a spectacular salsa that will force them to dip a lot of bread.
Meatballs tropical Ingredients: For 4 people
For the meatballs:
- 450 g minced pork meat
- 250 g of minced meat of chicken
- 1 cup cereal corn flakes without sugar (corn flakes)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of mustard to the age-old
- salt and pepper
- flour, for rolling
- extra virgin olive oil of the variety picual or cornicabra, for frying
For the salsa tropical:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 small can of pineapple, with its juice
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
Preparation of the Meatballs tropical
- Crush a little flake of corn. To do this, we introduce them into a bag and give it a shock. It is not necessary that they are sprayed, but only a little bit broken.
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together with the corn flakes and let forming.
- The pass through flour and fry in abundant extra virgin olive oil (olive oil) until golden brown. The olive oil will make it crisp on the outside and not absorb too much fat.
- For the sauce, put in a saucepan the ketchup, the sugar, the honey, the vinegar and the juice of the pineapple.
- Mix and let reduce 5 minutes.
- Now we place the meatballs and pineapple chunks more or less the size of the meatballs and cook about 10 minutes.
- Emplatamos and serve.
- If you are going to use as snacks, I suggest you puncture a meatball on a piece of pineapple, by way of minibrocheta, and accompany with the sauce and a few leaves of parsley or cilantro.