If you like to dip bread, these meatballs are going to need much, but a lot of bread, because the sauce is really delicious.
Ingredients For 4 people
To make the meatballs:
- 500gr of minced meat. you can choose the one you like the most: beef, pork, chicken, or lamb, or mix two of them.
- 1 medium garlic clove
- A few sprigs of parsley
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 2 eggs
- A few strands of saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon of food coloring
- Crumb of bread soaked in milk
- Bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
To make the sauce:
- Extra virgin olive oil picual variety (is the best for cooking because it withstands more high temperatures)
- An onion
- A clove of garlic large
- 15 to 20 raw almonds without skin
- 500 ml beef broth
- Rosemary, thyme and bay leaf
Preparation of the Meatballs with Almond Sauce
- We make the meatballs:
- Grind the garlic, the parsley, the wine, the saffron and the colouring with the blender or the food processor, and toss on the meat, that we can have it in a large bowl, along with the crumb of bread soaked in milk.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the mix. Mix it all and season.
- Now we are going to add bread crumbs until the dough is the sufientemente consistent as to form small balls, and let it sit for a couple hours. (I always do the day before, so that the meat takes well to salad dressing.)
- After this time, form the meatballs and fry. Reserve and do the sauce.
- In a little oil fry the meatballs, pochamos over medium heat the chopped onion with a pinch of salt to sweat. When you are transparent, add the garlic chopped and the almonds.
- Now we put the meatballs, the beef broth, bay leaf, thyme and rosemary, and cook for about forty minutes, until we see that you have “swollen” and are soft. Pull them out of the pot, along with herbs, if you are in branch, and blend the sauce.
- We take the meatballs and leave for a couple of minutes. Check the salt, if necessary, and serve accompanied by fries, vegetables rehogadas and bread, lots of bread.
Notes and Tips
And as you wouldn’t have been able to avoid eating too much, instead of dessert, I advise a coffee with delicious Cookies, Nuts and Apple: Meat Recipes