One of the most traditional ways to use the minced meat of any type is the production of meatballs, you can prepare all kinds of sauces and ingredients. On this occasion we are going to propose a simple recipe of meatballs with tomato sauce that comes out really tasty, accompanied with carrots and peas. And if you want to try other options, do not hesitate to look at all of our recipes meatballs in tomato sauce.
Ingredients for four people
- 750 grams of minced meat (50% pork and 50% beef)
- 2 eggs
- 400 grams of tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 mini-can of peas
- Bread crumbs
- A glass of sherry for cooking
- 1/2 glass of water
- 4 medium potatoes
- Olive oil (for frying)
- Salt (to taste)
- A little fresh parsley
Steps of: Meatballs with tomato sauce
- Beat the two eggs in a large bowl, and add the minced meat and the two cloves of garlic, very coarsely chopped. Let it sit 2-3 minutes.
- Add a little bread crumbs to make a dough homogeneous and consistent, and that we can work easily.
- Once you have it, we’re going to prepare the meatballs, about the size of a walnut. The rebozamos in breadcrumbs, and reserve.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into thin slices.
- Peel the potatoes, chop and put them to fry in a deep fryer with olive oil, previously heated to 180 degrees. When you dig the potatoes, lower the temperature to 90 degrees, and let it fry until they are soft. Once they do, they boarded the basket of the fryer and reserve.
- We put on the fire a frying pan with a finger of olive oil, and fry the meatballs. When browned, drain and put them in a casserole dish.
- We add the fried tomato and the glass of sherry, as well as the carrots already sliced and the peas (previously drained).
- Stir and add the water.
- Cook for about 15 minutes (until carrot is soft).
- Once the cooking of the meatballs are finished, we climbed the temperature of the fryer to 180 degrees and enter the potatoes until golden brown.
Notes and tips
At the time of submission, we place the meatballs in a dish, watered with sauce and decorate with a little chopped fresh parsley. The potatoes can be served together with the meatballs with tomato sauce, or a source to part. This dish can be prepared in advance without any problem: in that case, taparemos the pot to not dry out the meatballs, and add the fried potatoes in the serving time.