The technique of the batter allows us to enjoy delicious tapas in a contrast of textures and flavors, such as, for example, the fried cheeseballs today. In The Naked Kitchen you can find multiple examples of its use, as in the case, among others, of our recipes fingers of chicken and potato balls and chorizo. If you want to see many other preparations you may do so by making use of the search engine you’ll find in the top right of our page, do not miss, for example, our wide variety of recipes for croquettes made with all kinds of ingredients.
On this occasion we are going to teach you to prepare delicious cheese balls fried, or also known by the anglo-saxons as Fried Cheeseballs, it is a preparation very simple and quick to prepare, which is ideal to serve as starter at the time of the meal or as a snack to enjoy mid-morning. Serve them accompanied by a bit of sausage, and a glass of wine or a beer, and prepare to enjoy a unique dining experience.
To prepare this recipe you only need Camembert cheese, bread crumbs, egg, and olive oil. A few times you get a dish so fantastic with so few ingredients. What Os you are going to lose?
Ingredients for the Cheese Balls Fried for 16 units
- Camembert cheese – 250 grams
- Egg – 1 unit
- Bread crumbs – as needed for batter
- Olive oil – as needed for frying
How to make the recipe of a fried cheeseballs
- In the first place, we cut the cheese into portions the size of a bite. Cascamos an egg, pour its contents into a dish and beat with a fork.
- Toss the bread crumbs in another dish. Put the cheese pieces in the beaten egg and the rebozamos helping us a couple of forks or your hands.
- Then, we pass them to the dish with the bread crumbs and turn to saturate all sides. As rebozamos we pass them to another dish where you let it sit for a few minutes for it to dry a little.
- Pour abundant olive oil in a pan and bring to heat. When hot, fry the pieces of cheese, in batches, until golden brown on all sides.
- When golden brown, remove them from the pan with the help of a slotted spoon and put on absorbent paper. We allow it to cool down a bit, and serve.
Notes and Tips
Although the recipe is called cheese balls, we have preferred to cut the piece in studs to make full use of it. However, if you want the dish live up to its name, you can make use of a snak.
The Camembert cheese is ideal for this dish because with it you get a delicious contrast of textures; crunchy outside and creamy inside. You can try to prepare this recipe with other types of cheese, such as, for example, fresh cheese.
If you want to get a batter even crispier, I suggest that you do a batter twice, this is it; after passing through the portions of cheese in egg and breadcrumbs, return to pass again through egg and again in bread crumbs.
Remember: If you liked this recipe of Cheese Balls Fried or Fried Cheeseballs