Today we propose you the recipe to prepare a crunchy and tasty potato balls and chorizo, a preparation very simple and quick to prepare which makes it ideal to serve as aperitif. In addition, on the basis of this elaboration we can prepare other versions, simply change the chorizo for another ingredient that is to your liking. Try to put a few studs of ham, a few prawns, a little fish, or what you want. To get a fantastic result, we recommend that you dedicate a few minutes to read our article “How to make the batter perfect”. If you like the chorizo and the potatoes in our cookbook you can find other recipes that combine the two ingredients, as is the case of our thechicken balls with sesame.
These potato balls and chorizo we’ve made from the leftovers of a meal with friends. Two days before making this recipe we had a barbecue to celebrate the return home of a friend who spent a few years living in Germany. As often happens in this type of celebrations, the food was plentiful, so we returned home with several containers of leftovers varied. Among them were a few boiled potatoes and a few sausages that we had done to the grill, so the idea of making these balls will not soon arise.
At home we practice a cuisine of exploitation with which we pursue to maximize the use of the products. I know people who are unable to eat the same food two days in a row, and they usually throw in the trash the remains of dishes that, for us, are full of possibilities. With the same ingredients used to make this dish, we could have developed a rich omelet, some pancakes, or, simply, and adding a few ingredients, a rich potato salad. In the kitchen, as in other fields of life, it is important to make use of the imagination.
Ingredients for Potato Balls and Sausage for 4 people
- Boiled potatoes – 900 grams
- Chorizo frito – 150 grams
- Grated cheese – 100 grams
- Eggs – 2 units
- Salt – to taste
- Bread crumbs – to coat
- Olive oil – for frying
How to make recipe of Potato Balls and Chorizo
- Although the video does not show, the first thing you have to do is cook the potatoes. You can do it the night before, or a couple of hours before, so that they have time to be tempered before starting with the recipe. You must cook it whole, either in water, or steamed in a pressure cooker. If you have a pressure cooker do not hesitate to use it, because the energy saving is considerable.
- Once we have cooked, and have been tempered, we proceed to peel them. As the pelemos, the we put it in a bowl.
- When we finish, the crush with the help of a fork. Add a pinch of salt and mix it.
- Then, cascamos one of the two eggs and pour their contents into the bowl. Mix to incorporate.
- Cut the sausages into small pieces and add them to the bowl along with the grated cheese. Continue mixing for both ingredients into the mixture.
- Then, cascamos the other egg and beat in a dish with the help of a fork. In another plate put the bread crumbs.
- We begin to form the balls, to do this, we oils the hands with a little olive oil. With a spoon take a little of the dough and give it shape with your hands.
- As the form, the rebozamos in the beaten egg, and from there we went to the dish with the bread crumbs. The we roll for who is imbued with the bread on all sides.
- We heat plenty of olive oil in a pan anti adherent. Once the oil is hot, add the balls to the pan in batches. It is important that the friamos in batches, to avoid that the temperature of the oil gets too low.
- Fry the balls for a few minutes, turning to brown equally on all sides. When your surface present a beautiful golden hue, the phasing out of the pan, with the help of a slotted spoon and put on absorbent paper. Leave to temper for a few seconds and serve im median tely.
Some tips & notes
It is important to let the oil warm up before you put the potato balls, otherwise the batter will absorb large amount of it and the result will be a ball made greasy anything palatable.
If we want to enjoy the batter in all its glory, we must consume the balls freshly made. With the passing of the hours will be losing its crunchy texture.
Once you have batter, you can freeze them to dispose of them at any time. If you liked this recipe of Potato Balls and Chorizo maybe you like the fried cheeseballs or find something good in Snacks Recipes.