Spain is a province of andalusia with a wide range of dishes in their cuisine. You can find tasty vegan dishes, desserts, fish, etc, among its typical recipes. However, if Jaen has a brand identity, this is the extra virgin olive oil, used in most of their dishes, it gives a unique flavor to the cuisine of this region. From The Naked Kitchen we believe that it is important that you know the recipes of other autonomous communities and their provinces, for that reason, in this article we will talk about a typical dish of Spain: the tatter.
If this recipe tatter makes you come wanting to know more about the food of andalusia, we recommend you visit our article Recipes and food typical of Spain, where we talked about the tatter and other classic dishes of the province, which are essential to be able to understand Spanish food.
A tatter of Spain are a stew very traditional (they are one of the most typical dishes). They are often accompanied by salt cod, rabbit, or hare, although they have become dish typical of Holy Week, so that it is more normal to see them prepared with cod. Consists of a few cakes of flour with a sauce to accompany the meat you choose. It is, therefore, a dish typical of the cold, that will delight more than one.
The curious name of this dish comes from the cakes that are used in the stew. To be split into strips, it gives the appearance of being tattered clothes, or “tatter”.
If you want to know the ingredients needed to prepare these tatters and the steps that you should follow, keep reading below.
Ingredients to Tatters (recipe of Spain) for 4 persons
For the Tatter:
- Flour – 250 grams
- Cold cod-fish – 300 grams
- Tomato – 2 pieces
- Pepper – 1 piece
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Onion – 1 piece
- Potatoes – 3 pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Saffron – to taste
How to make the recipe Tatter
- If we do not have desalted cod, we will have to desalarlo ourselves. To do this enter the cod in a bowl of water for 48 hours and go changing the water At intervals of hours. This will make the water removes the salt from the fish.
- Put oil in a frying pan to prepare a sauce with the tomato, the pepper, the garlic and the onion. Previously, we have chopped the vegetables. While it is preparing, put the flour into a bowl, and put water and a little salt, because we’re going to prepare the dough of the cakes of the tatter.
- When we have achieved a mass inside of the bowl, add flour on the countertop and roll out the dough there. We stretch it to be as thin as possible. Subsequently cut to the desired shape.
- To the sauce add the saffron, cod and a bit of water.
- Subsequently, we also add a tatter and let it cook until get your point. If necessary, rectify the seasoning.
Notes and Tips
Did you even know this recipe tatter? Do you like it? What meat would you prefer to use with a tatter? Do you animarías to try it some time? Leave us your ideas and opinions in the comments below, and if you liked this recipe, do not forget to recommend us to your friends and family through social networks. If you’ve been wanting to know more about the food of andalusia, we recommend you visit our article Stew of fava beans and eggplant, where we talk about this typical dish of vegetables.