In Cadiz, there are a wide variety of food, where we can find a range of food that is sure to satisfy everyone. If we talk about dishes, we have to highlight two facts about Cadiz: your range of dishes and recipes typical, and, on the other hand, its many gastronomic fairs, such as the goose or the pestiñada, linked intimately with the festivities of the carnival. It is clear, therefore, that the food is an integral part of Cadiz. In The Naked Kitchen we believe that it is essential to know the food and the gastronomic culture of other communities and their respective provinces to be able to know the different regions of Spain. For this reason, in this article we are going to teach how to prepare a traditional dish from cadiz, the boot roteño.
If this recipe boot roteño has aroused your curiosity and makes you want to know more things about the food of andalusia, we recommend you visit our article Recipes and food typical of Cadiz, where you speak of the boot roteño and many other dishes typical of this andalusian province.
This dish boot roteño, as its name implies, is typical of the area of Rota. To be able to define this dish is somewhat complicated, but it is a recipe similar to a mix between gazpacho, salmorejo (which is a variety) and garlic hot. It is, therefore, a dish specifically typical of Cadiz and inimitable. It has a texture that allows it to notice the ingredients that compose it, as are the tomatoes, peppers, or garlic.
If you want to know what are the necessary ingredients to prepare this recipe from start roteño and what are the steps that you must follow to be able to make it, continue reading below.
Ingredients to Boot roteño. Recipe of Cadiz for 2 people
To boot, northern:
- Tomatoes – 1 kilo
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Peppers – 2 pieces
- Stale bread from the previous day – 100 grams
- Extra virgin olive oil – to taste
- Salt – to taste
How to make the recipe from Start roteño. Recipe of Cadiz
- The first thing we do is peel the cloves of garlic and chop, wash the peppers and chop. We take the salt. Then, pass it through a mortar and pestle and put it in a container.
- Desmigamos the bread and toss crumbs to the mixture that we have made.
- Wash the tomatoes, peel, chop, and pass through the mortar. When they are passed by the mortar, add to the mix.
- Then, we’re going to take the oil to the dish to get the consistency needed. Season with salt if necessary.
- We serve
Notes and Tips
In Cadiz we can find a great variety of traditional dishes. In this article we teach you to prepare a typical recipe: the boot roteño.
If you liked this recipe Boot roteño. Recipe of Cadiz