Jaén has a wide variety of typical food: meat dishes, fish, a variety of desserts and a vegan selection. Is for its gastronomy, for its tourism, one of the many reasons why it stands out Jaén, spain. We believe that it is important to know the cuisine of other Spanish autonomous communities, thus in this article I talk about the cod in the style of Baeza, a typical dish of Jaén.
If this cod dish in the style of Baeza awakens your curiosity about the food of andalusia, we recommend you visit our article Recipes and food typical of Jaén, where we talk about this recipe of fish, and many other classic dishes of the andalusian province, a reference within the Spanish Cuisine.
The cod in the style of Baeza (or cod Baezana) is a dish typical of Lent and Holy Week, as are many Fish Recipes. So, if you ever travel to Jaén those dates, it will be easy that you find this dish in many restaurants. Along the Spanish geography you will find many dishes of cod, but this recipe in the style of Baeza insurance that will awe in terms of the taste.
If you want to learn the ingredients needed to prepare this dish and all the steps that you should follow, keep reading below.
Ingredients for Cod in the style of Baeza
For the Cod in the style of Baeza
- Desalted cod – 500 grams
- Tomatoes – 3 pieces
- Peas – 100 grams
- Pine nuts – 20 grams
- Onion – 1 piece
- Flour, for rolling – to taste
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Parsley – to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil – to taste
- Bay leaf – to taste
- Salt – to taste
How to make the recipe for salt Cod in the style of Baeza
- If we have not been able to get a desalted cod, we will have to desalarlo us. This is done by entering the cod in a bowl with water and letting it stand for two days. During this period of time, we have to change the water several times to remove most of the salt as possible.
- When we already have the cod desalting, the next step is to make a sofrito with the onion and the tomato cubes. To do this we put oil in a frying pan and fry. When you are poached, reserve.
- While we do the rest of the steps, we’re going to cook the peas with water and salt until they are soft.
- Pass the cod in flour and fry at medium heat. When you are ready, reserve.
- Then, we’re going to do a crushed with the parsley, the garlic and the salt. When you are ready, I got together with the sofrito and let it boil for about 15 minutes.
- When it has boiled, we add it to this sauce, pine nuts and peas.
- Then, we introduce the fish in the sauce and cook a couple of minutes.
As you can see, this recipe is very easy to prepare, do you feel like to test it? Did you even know this dish of salt cod in the style of Baeza? Do you like it? Do you animarías to try it? Do you or have you ever tried? Leave us your ideas and opinions in the comments below, and if you liked this recipe, do not forget to recommend us to your friends and family through social networks. If you’re eager to discover more dishes of the andalusian cuisine, we recommend you visit our article Spinach esparragadas, recipe of Jaén, where we talk about this delicious dish, typical of this province. If you liked this recipe of salt Cod in the style of Baeza. Fish Recipes.