Jaén is a province of andalusia with a large variety of dishes, so you can find all kind of dishes among its typical recipes: meat, vegetables, fish, desserts, etc, Always with the brand identity of Jaén: the extra virgin olive oil. In Home-Cooking we consider that it is important to know the cuisine of the various autonomous communities and their provinces, for this reason in this article we teach you to prepare this delicious garlic flour, a typical dish of Jaén.
If this recipe of garlic flour awakens your curiosity about the food of andalusia, we recommend you visit our article Recipes and food typical of Jaén, where we talk about the garlic flour and many other typical dishes of the province, a point essential in the Spanish kitchen.
The garlic flour is a typical dish of Jaén and of other regions of Spain, although it varies depending on the area in which we find ourselves, because in some areas this dish include cod. It is a recipe typical of the cold months, consisting of a stew of potatoes with a sauce of paprika, pepper, tomato and mushrooms. When you try it, you’ll see that we are before a dish is very consistent, you’ll want to re-test.
If you want to learn the ingredients needed to prepare this garlic flour and of the steps that you should follow, keep reading below.
Ingredients for Garlic flour. Recipe of Jaén, spain for 4 persons
For the garlic flour
- Tomatoes – 3 pieces
- Potatoes – 700 grams
- Niscalos – 100 grams
- Sweet paprika – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper – 1 piece
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Flour to thicken – 4 tablespoons
- Extra virgin olive oil – to taste
- Salt – to taste
How to make the recipe of Garlic flour. Recipe of Jaén
- The first step is to fry in a pan with olive oil, peppers (pre-sliced) and the mushrooms. While they are frying, we’re going to go butchering the potatoes. When the peppers and the mushrooms are fried, the reserve
- We’re going to let fry the potatoes with salt, and while we prepare a crushed with onion, tomato and garlic, and toss the potatoes.
- While we continue to pochando the ingredients, we will introduce the paprika.
- Then, add water and peppers and mushrooms which we had fried in the first step.
- When it has cooked a little, add the flour to thicken it with care. We are going to remove for one minute so that the flour reaches all sides. If necessary, rectify the seasoning.
Notes and Tips
As you can see, it is a dish highly simple to prepare, so their ingredients are very easy and has no difficulty. In addition, it adapts to any kind of diet, including vegan, so nobody is left without enjoying this delicious recipe.
Did you even know this dish of garlic flour? Do you like it? Do you animarías to try it? Do you or have you ever tried? Leave us your ideas and opinions in the comments below, and if you liked this recipe, do not forget to recommend us to your friends and family through social networks. If you’ve been wanting to see more dishes typical of the food of andalusia, we recommend you visit our article Cod in the style Spanish, where we teach you to prepare this delicious recipe of fish.