Rice with Chorizo
In The Naked Kitchen we are passionate about all kinds of dishes made with rice, proof of this are the numerous recipes that we put at your disposal in our section of “Rice and Beans”, where you can find, among others, our recipe of the traditional rice to the cuban or other, less conventional, as is the case of our rice to the american or american. You can see many others by visiting the above section or by using the search engine you’ll find in the top right, and in the lower central part, of our page.
In today’s recipe, the star ingredient is the chorizo sausage. With him we have prepared a delicious dish full of flavor that we are sure will captivate you. In addition, it is a dish very easy to prepare, that you can have ready in less than an hour. It is one of those dishes that gain flavor with the passing of the hours, so I invite you to prepare it the night your consumption.
To make this recipe you can use various kinds of sausage. Although it is common in this type of dishes is to use a chorizo fresh, we used to half-cure. If you can get it, I suggest that you put a bit of chorizo ibérico serrano, although it is a product that is used, curing is very good in stews because they provide an intense flavor.
Do you want to know how to prepare this delicious rice with chorizo? Let’s go with the recipe!
Ingredients [For 4 people]:
- Rice – 300 grams
- Onion – 300 grams
- Green pepper – 60 grams
- Peas – 100 grams
- Cloves of garlic – 3 units
- Sausage – 200 grams
- Salt – to taste
- Ground black pepper – to taste
- Saffron – 0.1 gram
- Tomato sauce – 80 grams
- Beef stock – 1.2 litres
Preparation of the Recipe
- In the first place, we remove the skin of the chorizo with the help of a knife or scissors.
- Then, heat olive oil in a frying pan, or a paella pan, and cook the chorizo until it is lightly browned. At that time, aside and reserve.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop finely. If you have a press for garlic, you can make use of it.
- Cut the onion in half, remove the skin and chop finely each of the two halves.
- Remove seeds of the green pepper and cut it into pieces about the same size as the onion.
- Heat a little oil in the frying pan (or paella pan) and add the ingredients that we have just processed. We also add a pinch of salt. Cook, over medium heat, to soften.
- Pour the beef broth in a saucepan and bring to the heat.
- When the vegetable is tender, add the pepper, the saffron and the tomato sauce.
- Then, add the rice. Cook, over low heat, for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the chorizo in slices.
- We put the slices in the pan and pour the beef broth hot. Cook, over medium heat, maintaining a boil moderately until almost all the broth has evaporated and the rice is tender.
- After 10 minutes of cooking add the peas.
- We test the seasoning and rectify if necessary.
- Once the rice is tender, remove the container from the heat and cover with a cloth or a few sheets of newspaper. Let stand for 10 minutes. At the end of the rag, or sheets of newspaper, do not come into contact with the rice, you could stick some sticks along the surface of the stew.
- After the 10 minutes, uncover and serve.
Notes and Tips
You can prepare this recipe using brown rice, in that case the cooking time will be higher, so you’ll have to add more broth indicated in the recipe.
To prepare this dish we have used a type of chorizo that in these lands received the name of “sausage”, feel free to adapt the recipe using products from your area.
If you want to get a great dish we encourage you to make at home the beef broth.