Ajoblanco or ajo blanco, is a typical dish from Andalusia, more specifically in provinces such as Malaga, Cordoba, Jaen, Almeria and Granada. It is also often prepared in some areas of Extremadura. It consists of a soup made from garlic, almonds, bread and oil that is usually served cold, especially during times of heat.
In The Naked Kitchen, we have developed a white garlic with almonds marcona and extra virgin olive oil of cold extraction, and we have accompanied from white grapes without pip. In addition, in its preparation we have used a loaf of homemade bread, thus obtaining a plate of top quality that you can’t lose. If you want to learn how to make your own bread, visit our section of homemade bread, where you’ll find many recipes of bread, among which we highlight the of our bread and pagès home, which miga will be extremely well in this recipe.
Also in our cookbook you can find other recipes of cold soups, as is the case with our cold soup of melon.
Ingredients [for 4 people]:
- Raw almond, peeled – 150 grams
- Cloves of garlic – 2 units
- Cold water – 1 litre
- Crumb of bread – 120 grams
- Extra virgin olive oil – 100 grams
- Vinegar – 20 grams
- Salt – 4 grams
- White grapes – to accompany
Preparation of the recipe
- In the first place, we heat water in a saucepan to blanch the almonds, and be able to remove the skin.
- When the water starts to boil, add the almonds (without peel), and boil them for 2 minutes.
- Past the cooking time, remove the almonds from the heat and pour in a drainer to remove the water.
- Let the almonds cool a little and remove skin.
- Put the bread crumbs, shredded, in a bowl and add a little water to dampen the soil.
- Introduce the hand blender in the bowl and grind the crumbs until you get a pure fine.
- Peel and laminate the garlic cloves.
- Add to the bowl the sliced garlic, the peeled almonds, the salt and the vinegar. We continue grinding with the mixer.
- We added, in several batches, the olive oil. Add a little oil and continue to whisk the mixture. When the oil is integrated, add a little more.
- If the mixture is very thick add adding a little water while continuing to whisk. You must stay for a texture liquid enough.
- Once we have ready our white garlic, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and carry it to the fridge where we can leave it for several hours until thoroughly cold.
- When serving, we can accompany our soup with grapes, melon, tacos, ham…
Notes and tips
The ajoblanco enduring several days in perfect condition in the fridge. If you leave it for more than a day, that will have to be re-whisking it slightly before serving.
Recipes of Soups