The artichoke is one of the products most consumed in regions, where numerous fields are devoted to its cultivation. The inflorescences of the plant, the artichokes, have a great nutritional value, being used in the preparation of many and varied dishes.
In The Naked Kitchen, we’ve prepared a recipe in which artichokes are the absolute protagonists. It is a very simple dish to make, that I amazed by their delicious taste. The contrast of textures, between the inside creamy artichoke and the crunchy outside that gives the batter, make this a delicious dish that creates addiction.
In our website, you can find other dishes in which it has been used the artichoke as an ingredient, it is the case, we prepare a Vegetable recipes, but you can cooked with ham.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- Artichokes natural – 8 units
- Egg – 1 unit
- Wheat flour – 100 grams
- Beer – 100 grams
- Salt – 3 grams
- Parsley – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 lemon
- Water – to cover the artichokes
- Olive oil – for frying
Preparation of the recipe
- The first thing we will do is to clean the artichokes. We remove part of the outer leaves until just tender leaves of a light green color, almost white. We can leave the stalk, removing the outer part, and take advantage of the central part which is very tender and juicy. in addition, to leave a part of the stem will serve to coat the artichokes easily. We cut the top of each artichoke (about 1/3 of the same). We start the artichokes in half, lengthwise, and remove them the heart of the flower, which is formed by a species of hair (see video).
- Before you start cleaning the artichokes, or as soon as we clean a few, we put water in a bowl and add a good splash of lemon juice. Once we clean, the cast in the bowl. In this way, the artichokes will not rust, and will retain their color. As we clean an artichoke in full, the cast in the bowl and submerge in the water so that the acid in the lemon protects it from oxidation.
- Then, we put the artichokes in a pot and boil them until they are a little tender, but without overcooking them, lest they fall apart. To control the point of cooking, it is a good option to cook in the steam. If you have a pressure cooker, do not hesitate to use it, putting it in the bottom of the same rack for steaming. In this case, in a few minutes we will have lists. Remove the artichokes and put in a bowl. Reserve.
- While the artichokes are cooking, prepare the batter. To do this, the first thing to do is to take the egg and separate the white of the yolk.
- Put the yolk in a bowl, add a little salt and beat with a whisk.
- Add to the bowl the flour and mix.
- Add the beer and continue mixing to form a homogeneous paste.
- We heat plenty of olive oil in a frying pan.
- In another bowl, beat the egg white about to snow.
- We add the clear to the point of snow in the bowl above. Mix gently.
- Chop a little parsley and threw in the bowl. We mix gently.
- At this point, the only thing left is to catch the halves of artichoke, one at a time, hundirlas in the batter, and throw them in the pan. Fry, over medium-high heat, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- When they are golden, remove them from the skillet and put on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve im median tely. If you wish, we can accompany them a good squirt of lemon juice.
When buying artichokes, select those whose top appears rounded, with petals tucked inside. How sharp can submit the artichokes is a sign of a state of maturity advanced, which makes the interior of the flower is more hardened and is less juicy.