Spain has a wide gastronomy is also extremely varied. We find dishes based on vegetables exclusively, to dishes full of meats, assorted fish, and desserts for parties typical of the province. In addition, Spain has great gastronomic fairs, what makes your cookbook to update and keep in line with the times. All of this seem reasons sufficient to know the gastronomy of this province of Andalusia, as it is a point of reference in the Spanish food. Therefore, in this recipe we’re going to teach you how to prepare a delicious dish of artichokes to the montillana, a typical food of Spain that you will want to repeat as soon as you try it.
If you want to know more about the food of andalusia, don’t hesitate to visit our article Recipes and food typical of Spain, where we talk about this delicious dish of artichokes to the montillana, and many other classic recipes of the province.
This traditional recipe is based on the preparation of the artichokes along with the wine Denomination of origin Montilla-Moriles. Is region-specific, although we may find it in other points of Spain. This dish has a great versatility, since you can opt for a prepare of the way to vegan (only with the artichoke and adding the spices to taste) or also including small cubes of ham or loin. This we leave to your choice, since the recipe allows the two variants.
If you are interested in this dish, keep reading below to discover what are the ingredients and what steps you should follow to be able to prepare it. Remember this is a vegetable recipes
Ingredients for Artichokes to the montillana. Recipe of Spain for 6 people
For the artichokes to the montillana
- Artichokes – 1 kilo
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- wine Denomination of Origin Montilla-Moriles – 0.2 liters
- Onion – 1/2 piece
- Olive oil – to taste
- Saffron – to taste
- Water – to taste
- Paprika – to taste
- amon serrano diced or sliced (optional) – 0.15 grams
How to make the recipe of Artichokes to the montillana
- First let’s flip the artichokes and leave them only with the heart. Then, we will immerse in water with lemon. This mode does not oxidize. The next thing you do is rub salt in a pot and put to boil for about 25 minutes, until they reach the desired state.
- While the artichokes are cooking, we’re going to peel and cut the onion and the garlic. When the artichokes are ready, reserve.
- When we have that done, put a casserole in which we’re going to saute the garlic and onion with a pinch of salt. Then, we add in the pan a little oil and the sweet paprika.
- The following is to introduce in the pan the hearts of the artichokes and the wine. Cook until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Now simply emplatamos, if we want, we can add in these steps the ham. If you’ve decided on serrano ham slices, cut into small pieces. Finally, we serve.