Hello Chefs! How about you? Today we bring you a rich recipe of Arabic origin that will surprise you very pleasantly surprised: A Baba ganoush, Mutabal or Hummus of Eggplant. This rich paste made from eggplant, is perfect for dipear between hours, for a snack, very original among friends or a light dinner.
Every time we find in the supermarkets more pates or creams to peck whose main ingredients are vegetables. This is very beneficial, because if we want to eat healthy and fast so we’ll just use your imagination and use legumes or vegetables that we have on hand in our pantry and fridge.
But whatOf where it came from this recipe so special? Well, it is a prescription arab and mediterranean native of Lebanon, in whose territory it is consumed frequently accompanied by p‘an pita, although today it is a meal that has been imposed in more territories such as Turkey, Egypt, Israel, Bulgaria, Palestine or Greece, where you can find all kinds of varieties and added spices highest.
With little ingredients we may dare to prepare dishes similar to this quality that we bring to you today, a development very light, satiating, original, full of flavor and without any added animal. So take note and learn this easy and simple option vegan of arab origin.
You will be surprised to you and to all the people with whom you share it!
Ingredients for 2 people
- Eggplant – 1 unit
- Onion – 1 small unit
- Clove of garlic – 1 unit
- Olive oil
- Ground cumin
- Tahini – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice
How to make the recipe of Baba ganoush, Mutabal, or Hummus, Eggplant
- We started by cutting the eggplant in half lengthwise. We will also make a few cuts along the length and width in each inner half to help them cook well on the inside.
- Place them on a baking tray along with the onion without peel nor chop. Add salt and pepper and washed down with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 30 minutes or until we see that the flesh of the eggplant is cooked.
- Leave to cool and then grind in the blender the flesh of the eggplant, onion, peeled, garlic, pasta, Tahini, a drizzle of lemon juice and another of olive oil. We’ll also add ground cumin to taste. This will give you a touch of Arabic is very rich.
- Blend it all together well until you obtain a kind of paste or pate. When serving, accompany with sesame seeds, a little paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
Notes and Tips
Ready! We would have this pasta so special in the form of pate or hummus of eggplant.
And to finish, don’t forget to accompany it with a bit of bread, pita, whole-wheat bread , or some crudités of vegetables. A lovely combination if we want to be a plate full for dinner, for example.
And if you want to learn another recipe, very original in which we prepare for another cold pasta vegetable and very healthy, don’t miss this Hummus was prepared with Beets. It will take you ten minutes counted on to have it list and you’ll be able to incorporate all the nutritional benefits of this vegetable, among which stand out the vitamin A and vitamin C and some antioxidants such as canthaxanthin.
¡Until the next Chefs!
If you liked this recipe of Baba ganoush, Mutabal, or Hummus, Eggplant Vegetable Recipes.Vegetable recipes